Sukhoi Su-57 / T-50 / PAK FA - flight testing and development Part I [2010-2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
flateric said:
52...not much left to wait, week or two max I think
upd: much sooner

http://www.russia-today.ru/tema-nomera/2394-nash-otvet-brazilcam.html

We also do engine 5-th generation, and it is in all of its parameters on traction, in specific fuel consumption corresponds to the 5-th generation. I opened the secret and say that we actually already have two motors 5-th generation. The second, which is now conventionally called the "Type 30" has already been tested in flight on the fighter T-50. In the future it probably will give the name of "AL-...." According to its parameters it is 15-25 percent greater than "117-th"

bobbymike said:
President Bobbmike's stimulus would have been new SSBNs, ICBMs, bombers, nukes, sixth gen fighters, etc.. Basically $800 billion of whup ass ;)
Am i the only glad you are not anywhere near the white house? ;D

donnage99 said:
bobbymike said:
President Bobbmike's stimulus would have been new SSBNs, ICBMs, bombers, nukes, sixth gen fighters, etc.. Basically $800 billion of whup ass ;)

Could be worse. It could be me. ;D

sferrin said:
donnage99 said:
bobbymike said:

Or me. All Social Security and welfare checks can only be cashed at the Wells Fargo at Utopia Planitia.

Orionblamblam said:
sferrin said:
donnage99 said:
bobbymike said:

Or me. All Social Security and welfare checks can only be cashed at the Wells Fargo at Utopia Planitia.

A new era of 'transportation' to Mars.
getsmiley.php

Jesus christ, can we stop this non-sence off topic already? :mad:

Back to business; Any word on new weapons being developed with the T-50 in mind?

Obnosov is one of those with most tight sealed lips in Russian aerospace industry.

overscan said:
http://www.russia-today.ru/tema-nomera/2394-nash-otvet-brazilcam.html

We also do engine 5-th generation, and it is in all of its parameters on traction, in specific fuel consumption corresponds to the 5-th generation. I opened the secret and say that we actually already have two motors 5-th generation. The second, which is now conventionally called the "Type 30" has already been tested in flight on the fighter T-50. In the future it probably will give the name of "AL-...." According to its parameters it is 15-25 percent greater than "117-th"
So - is this so-called Type-30 the one with the much touted flat nozzles/variable-cycle technology or those are still much further down the line?

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/2011/05/video-pak-fa-needs-advanced-co.html

From Russian documentary quoted in article [Google Translation]:

Russian Technologies, have developed a special carbon fiber material. The main technological know-how in the so-called prepregs - semi-finished materials. Their characteristics are directly dependent on how homogeneously alloyed carbon fiber and resin part. "These technologies are in the world is very closed. For example, the technology of getting a good carbon fiber possess 2-3 countries in the world. And buy it impossible. Either you have to develop it himself, or will buy the finished product, there are airplanes, etc., but he already can not do it ", - says General Director of the Moscow Engineering Experimental Plant - Composite Technology Valery Litvinov.

ssdunkel said:
In the beginning of that latest video, it appears that #2 has TVC.
all PAVs have canted TVC plane a-la Su-30MKI

Two questions:

1: I believe i remember seeing a vid from the Putin presentation last year, where you could see PAK FA showing off with the movable surfaces. I see to remember that the ailerons could be split in two, at middle when seen horizontal. Meaning one half of the surface could go up, and one could go down. I also seem to remember YF-23 had that system.

2: Is production PAK FA expected to have 3D TVC?

1. this one? think it's air braking by going in opposite directions

2. no idea if it's 3D or "2.5D" though they would be axissymmetric nozzles since they are "easier on the aerodynamics"

Attachments

• pak fa side.jpg
    pak fa side.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 256
  • pak fa side2.jpg
    pak fa side2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 258
No, not that. Vid was directly from front. I have been looking at all vids from 17'th June 2010, and some of them show the view of the aircraft directly from the front while it is taxiing, but none of them show the "split" ailerons. So maybe it is just false memory...

flanker said:
So maybe it is just false memory...
that's the case, as well as with YF-23 'split ailerons' ;)

Alright.

So this confirms i have gone totally insane. :D

This should be interesting:
Russia pitches PAK-FA to the 'other' Korea http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/2011/07/russia-pitches-pak-fa-to-the-o.html

There was a time when any Russian military equipment offered to forces on the Korean peninsula would have stopped slightly north of the 38th parallel, but those days are apparently over.

Although only 18 months beyond first flight, the Sukhoi PAK-FA stealth fighter has been offered to the South Koreans for FX-III. Local reports (see here and here) in Seoul today say that South Korea's defence acquisition agency -- DAPA -- has included the PAK-FA in its short-list of competitors.

For those keeping score, this is the first real competition between the PAK-FA and any foreign fighter. South Korea also is considering the Boeing F-15SE Silent Eagle, Eurofighter Typhoon and the Lockheed Martin F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. This could get interesting, folks.

Interesting, but not necessarily suprising. Russia assisted with the KM-SAM, they've given the ROK tanks and helos as debt offsets, and they've offered them the Su-35 (the old one) before. A Western fighter probably makes the most logistical sense though, as it'll be compatible with existing weapons and may be able to rely on some similar spares for select systems.

Lee Tae-hoon of The Korea Times wrote on July 20, 2011:

Insiders, however, say both the T-50 PAK-FA and Eurofighter Typhoon have a little chance in winning the bid as Korea’s alliance with the United States will be a decisive factor in the race.

Source:
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2011/07/116_91281.html

So does the Sukhoi Su-50 really have much of a chance in the South Korea FX-III program?

I'd give it a better chance than the Typhoon, if it's competitively priced. Where Russia might be able to make a big score is in technology transfer. Korea has a space program and ballistic/cruise missile programs. How much Russia is willing to get involved with those could make things interesting. I still think they go US at the end of the day for political reasons, but you never know.

I suspect the longevity of PAK FA in that competition isnt long.

Old news tbh.

One news from today is stating that two PAK FA's will participate. Wonder if it is true, and if so, i guess that will include T-50-1 and T-50-2.

flanker said:
I suspect the longevity of PAK FA in that competition isnt long.

Just long enough for them to get a good price on what they really want and not a second more.

From today's flight. Note new 'sting' shape (rumors that newly installed anti-spin chute is there)
Photo (c) Ivan Kirillov

Attachments

• 050610.jpg
    050610.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 426
When new pics are posted, it just gives me this warm fuzzy feeling inside. :)

Ah, Sukhoi and their pretty, pretty flying scultpures. ^^

Meph said:
Ah, Sukhoi and their pretty, pretty flying scultpures. ^^

For something that actually works however, you usually need to go to Mikoyan. ;D (Dives into handy trench.)

Any idea what this is?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/pak%20fa%20t-50/Darth_Kirov/PAK%20FA%20Sukhoi%20T-50/PAKFA.jpg?o=7

I mean. It looks russian. It looks like and intake shape. And it has PAK FA in the title. :p

this is old stuff from MDC. Early 90s. Probably just test article

hmmm... I've been pondering recently on how the side bays open. Will it open downwards or upwards?

If it opens upwards, is there enough clearance so it won't hit the slats?

If it opens downwards, there seems to be enough space between it and the landing gear doors.

Paralay seems to think that they open upwards, which I think I is right as well.

Overall there'd be a little less risk having the door open from above as well - if the missile is on a rail attached to the door, having it open downwards will add a teeny tiny more maintenance time per flight, as the impact of it hitting some stop in the hinge would cause some extra fatigue in the overall rail structure.

Like I said though, it'd be a rather minor difference between the two methods, if the system is set up properly.

finally, T50-2 performed its first flight at LII today

photos (c) Sergey Lysenko (c) Ivan Kirillov

Attachments

• 051153.jpg
    051153.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 739
  • 051155.jpg
    051155.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 647
Finally ... and what a great day with both this even and the Ex-Varyag's first cruise from Dalian.

Deino

PS: just found :eek:

Attachments

• T-50-1 10.8.11 - landing.jpg
    T-50-1 10.8.11 - landing.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 579
  • T-50-1 + T-50-2 very nice.jpg
    T-50-1 + T-50-2 very nice.jpg
    713.2 KB · Views: 581
Nice pics. You can really see the TV nozzle hanging down on 51 in that last pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom