Some Future Titles of Interest for SPF Members

I would expect that there is at least some new content.
Still unclear. It has been listed at some webshops as an "unchanged reprint", with possibility to preorder.
I have seen "unchanged reprint" announced of other titles of the Classic series as well.

It is strange that Crecy does not mention the number of pages of the new edition, but does mention that it will have "over 350 images".

The original edition has 208 pages and about 480 images (my count).

9781800352803%20(1).jpg

AVAILABLE OCTOBER 2023
In this thoroughly researched, detailed and exhaustive study, aviation historian Luigino Caliaro tells the story of the three main fighters to serve in World War II produced by the Varese-based Aeronautica Macchi. The C.200 Saetta (Lightning) was conceived in 1935 by Ing. Mario Castoldi as a short-range interceptor powered by a Fiat A.74 R.C.38 14-cylinder radial engine and armed with twin 12.7 mm machine guns. By war’s end some 1,150 examples had been built. The C.202 Folgore (Thunderbolt) incorporated the German Daimler-Benz 601A in-line engine licensed-built by Alfa Romeo.
Finally, the C.205 Veltro (Greyhound) was powered by the more powerful Daimler-Benz DB 605. The internationally renowned British test pilot, Captain Eric Brown, told the author that the C.205 was ‘was a superb fighter, with a beautiful line and good armament… In my opinion its flying performance was totally comparable with the Spitfire.’
Drawing on company and military archive reports, the author traces the origins of Aeronautica Macchi before examining the design and development of each type, as well as, in each case, production, prototypes and technical aspects. Also covered in this profusely illustrated volume are details of the operational variants and project designs, along with a detailed narrative covering the history of each aircraft in service with the Regia Aeronautica, the Aviazione Nazionale Repubblicana, the Luftwaffe and Croatian Air Legion. Additionally, post-war service with the Aeronautica Militare and the Royal Egyptian Air Force is explored, as well as camouflage, markings, heraldry and insignia.
With hundreds of photographs, drawings and colour artwork, this book forms the most comprehensive and informative account of this trio of aircraft in the English language.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION​

ISBN: 9781800352803
Binding: Hardback
Dimensions: 303mm x 226mm
Pages: 224
Photos/Illus: Approx. 650 photos, colour artworks, detailed art and line drawings
That's going to be interesting. I wonder if he's going to cover how Macchi's fighters took considerably more man-hours to build than comparable fighters? I have a pretty good idea why, but I'll wait and see what he has to say. Don't get me wrong, I think rather highly of Macchi after having worked there, on an exchange program, one summer a half-century ago.

Vought F7U-3 Cutlass by Crecy

ISBN: 9781800352940
Binding: Hardback
Dimensions: 280mm x 216mm
Pages: 360
Photos/Illus: Approx. 350 images
View attachment 703043
A great author combo - always have loved Tommy's way of laying out a book and telling the story and Al Casby actually owns an F7U-3 (or two) and has been collecting anything on the Cutlass for decades. Cannot wait for this book!

Interesting to see that one of the authors of the book actually owns a Cutlass, so we should expect some very good photos to go with the text.

Please tell me that there will be possible B-2, F-22 and F-117A books included in the Famous American Aircraft series in the future? I seriously want there to be.
Interesting idea. A challenge for a researcher starting on the subject now is that (as far as I can tell) public information about LO technology is more restricted now than it was from the early 90s to the mid-00s.

Conceptually, too, you could add to the very limited variant/upgrade history of the B-2 by rolling the B-21 into the book, since there likely won't be enough material for even a monograph on B-21 for a long time.

Interesting idea. A challenge for a researcher starting on the subject now is that (as far as I can tell) public information about LO technology is more restricted now than it was from the early 90s to the mid-00s.

Conceptually, too, you could add to the very limited variant/upgrade history of the B-2 by rolling the B-21 into the book, since there likely won't be enough material for even a monograph on B-21 for a long time.
The item that would be fascinating is if the various configurations that were studied in the 1983-1984 timeframe when the B-2 was redesigned for low altitude operation, too. There were, to the best of my recollection, at least eight different proposed configurations, some more esoteric than others.

This book looks good but it put's me in a dilemma as the F-35 book and the Famous American Series Cutlass book are all ready on order. :eek:

US Air Power, 1945-1990 Volume 2: US Bombers, 1945-1949​

There will also be a Volume 1: US Fighters and Fighter-Bombers, 1945-1949

But each will have only 80 pages A4 size, with 100 colour & b/w photos, profiles, figures.

Don't know if unbuilt projects are included but seems to be a fine work

Attachments

• ASE005_500.jpg
    ASE005_500.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 45
From my experiance,I think that, there is no or just a little projects in it,anyway I will get it.

Les Avions Et Hydravions Loire - here are the contents pages - looks really good.

Attachments

• Loire-avions-et-hydravions-Saint-Nazaire-1923-1940-Bousquet-1.jpg
    Loire-avions-et-hydravions-Saint-Nazaire-1923-1940-Bousquet-1.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Loire-avions-et-hydravions-Saint-Nazaire-1923-1940-Bousquet-2.jpg
    Loire-avions-et-hydravions-Saint-Nazaire-1923-1940-Bousquet-2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 42
Lockheed Blackbird
Beyond the Secret Missions – The Missing Chapters
Paul F. Crickmore (Author)

Product details
Published Nov 21 2023
Format Hardback
Edition 3rd
Extent 528
ISBN 9781472851383
Imprint Osprey Publishing
Illustrations 200 black and white and 200 colour illustrations
Dimensions 12 x 9 inches
Series General Aviation
Short code GNA
Publisher Bloomsbury Publishing
9781472851383.jpg

GR7.jpg
Michael Napier (Author), Gareth Hector (Illustrator), Janusz Swiatlon (Illustrator)

Product details
Published Nov 21 2023
Format Paperback
Edition 1st
Extent 96
ISBN 9781472857613
Imprint Osprey Publishing
Illustrations Colour artwork plates and maps; black & white and colour photographs and illustrations.
Dimensions 10 x 7 inches
Series Combat Aircraft
Short code COM 151
Publisher Bloomsbury Publishing

Lockheed Blackbird
Beyond the Secret Missions – The Missing Chapters
Paul F. Crickmore (Author)

According to the (preliminary) TOC on the publisher's website this new edition of Crickmore's book has no new chapters, but the same chapters as the previous edition from 2016, so the new title "The Missing Chapters" is not really correct.
Some chapters will however have additional information, adding some 50 pages new info.
Great book for those who don't have the previous edition.

Attachments

• Lockheed Blackbird TOC.jpg
    Lockheed Blackbird TOC.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 28
Afternoon everyone,
Thought you might be interested in my latest for Key Publishing. 'Wimpy to Wedgie' got vetoed, but I hope you like Airborne Early Warning Aircraft - Wellington to Wedgetail and I even put a rather nice photo of a Wedgie on the cover to please GTX.

Should be available soon.

Thanks to all who helped with this, especially Ian Shaw and Ioannis Mylonas. (don't be rushing out to buy it, I have copies for you both)

Chris
Screenshot 2023-08-06 173534.png

Hawker Hunter: A Classic British Jet Fighter​

By Philip Birtles
I like how Fonthill show you preview pages of their books. Always nice to know what’s between the covers when buying a book

Last edited:
Magazine but thought I’d put it here

A recommended book as a friend told me,but I don't have it,

High-Speed Dreams: NASA and the Technopolitics of Supersonic Transportation, 1945–1999 (New Series in NASA History)​

I have this book, it’s quite good. However, I suggest you spring for the Johns Hopkins edition. The Amazon POD is a POS, quite frankly.

Thank you George,

and sorry,that book is older,from 2005,but I deal with this thread as a recently publishing,means 2000s up to
date.