Small UAS / Drones and related general thread - NOT Swarming ones.

Placing this here. While it refers to Ukraine, I think the content has broader applications. It also provides a useful overview of developments.

First FPV drone with automatic guidance.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UgNLM6J_Hs

Last edited:
$40m worth of damage caused by small drone.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGYLT7iu8sE

$10m worth of damage caused by small drone.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klll8pXZPC4

Last edited:
German publication BILD infographic on the current range of Ukrainian drones. 1712327619594.png

German publication BILD infographic on the current range of Ukrainian drones. View attachment 724691
It tells a fair deal about Bild that they have marked the island of Novaja Zemlja which houses nothing that Ukraine would be interested in striking but have not marked the Cross of Yamal (a meeting point of nearly all of the gas pipelines running from the Western Siberian fields to Europe located in Surgut which, BTW, happens to be in the region inhabited by the last remaining Eastern Khanty and Forest Nenets people) or Uralvagonzavod's factory in Nižnyj Tagil.

1712514834478.png

The UJ-25 is a weaponized version of the Ukrjet UJ-23 Topaz target drone. Both aircraft have missile-like main bodies, forward-swept wings, V-tail configurations, and top-mounted air intakes at the rear of the fuselage feeding into a turbojet engine; the UJ-25 differs outwardly only by having forward canards. Although the Skyline's specifications are not known, the Topaz has a cruise speed of 600 km/h (370 mph), a top speed of 800 km/h (500 mph), endurance of 90 minutes, and a mission radius of 400 km (250 mi) with a payload weight of 10 kg (22 lb) and is guided either by manual control link or by following a preprogrammed route. As a one-way kamikaze drone, the UJ-25 could have a strike range of around 800 km (500 mi), long enough to reach Moscow. Its jet propulsion makes it harder to counter than piston engine Shahed-136 drones used by Russia, as its faster speed combined with relatively small size and low-observable characteristics reduces the reaction time for air defenses to attempt to intercept it.[1]

1712572364050.png

Last edited:
Ukrainian-made CDET LLC RAM II combat loitering munition

up to 55 min
Flight time
up to 30 km
Maximum flight distance
3 kg
Payload capacity
1 m
Accuracy

1712757257711.png

GENERAL QUESTION: Does the stuff these drones tend to be made of reflect radar or not?

Last edited:
Last edited:
...UAVs as a core part of a modern Western land force.

the Autors must drink poison for this.
Core part of modern warfare is an reconnaissance and strike contour, which has only a part of the UAV.
Without artillery, aviation, tanks and comunication troops your core part is shit

P.S. Admin, you'd better get back from repression to the subject area. :)

he mosaic is a compact, triple-frequency receiver that utilizes signals from all available GNSS constellations, ensuring optimal positioning availability in difficult conditions. It features built-in anti-jamming and anti-spoofing technologies to safeguard against both intentional and accidental interference.

Everything old is new again:cool:.

Shades of the ww2 Fugo balloon bomb
Photo514245.jpg

I`ve always wondered how one of these might perform with a more modern guidance system.

Interestingly a hunter stumbled across the remains of one of these back in 2019,tho at first glance he thought it was the remains of an old still.

Everything old is new again:cool:.

Shades of the ww2 Fugo balloon bomb
Photo514245.jpg

I`ve always wondered how one of these might perform with a more modern guidance system.

Interestingly a hunter stumbled across the remains of one of these back in 2019,tho at first glance he thought it was the remains of an old still.
I was thinking WW1 observation ballons.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRj_EzQPd9o&t=50s

I was thinking WW1 observation ballons.
WW1 is right....:(
I was looking at a vid from some part of the ukraine,and I remember thinking that if I hadnt know any better I might`ve thought I was watching a digitally restored colorised film of the western front circa 1916,really the only thing that gave it away was a brief shot of a knocked out ifv.
It was because of the massive numbers of craters from the artillery pock-marking the entire landscape.

WW1 is right....:(
I was looking at a vid from some part of the ukraine,and I remember thinking that if I hadnt know any better I might`ve thought I was watching a digitally restored colorised film of the western front circa 1916,really the only thing that gave it away was a brief shot of a knocked out ifv.
It was because of the massive numbers of craters from the artillery pock-marking the entire landscape.
Sometimes the quality of the optics adds to that effect.

Heres one of the converted ukranian A22 Foxbat light aircraft kamikaze/attack drones [a little worse for wear].
Tho I must admit the bit that I really liked was the 3d printed flir ball housing using a dirt cheap cots gimbal motor,which despite its somewhat crude/rough appearance is just what you`d want for this sort of weapon