Merriman's Submarine Modelling Masterclass

Accompanying text would really greatly help to keep the craft alive though.
If you have specific questions I would be delighted to write up text to cover the specifics of what you want to know. Otherwise, I waste much time on narrative that won't be of interest -- time that would have been better spent in the shop than on the keyboard.

The pictures I present are thought starters; they are there to get your attention and drive you to seek amplification -- I'll take it from there.

David

If you have specific questions I would be delighted to write up text to cover the specifics of what you want to know. Otherwise, I waste much time on narrative that won't be of interest -- time that would have been better spent in the shop than on the keyboard.

The pictures I present are thought starters; they are there to get your attention and drive you to seek amplification -- I'll take it from there.

David
David, I am in utterly absolute awe of your craft, and I am unsurprisingly dead certain that I will never ascend anywhere near your level of mastery. My only point is that for craftsmen way above my league you might consider putting more detailed explanations with your visuals to allow kindred spirits to carry on your trade as a legacy.

David

David, I am in utterly absolute awe of your craft, and I am unsurprisingly dead certain that I will never ascend anywhere near your level of mastery. My only point is that for craftsmen way above my league you might consider putting more detailed explanations with your visuals to allow kindred spirits to carry on your trade as a legacy.

You got questions. I got answers. That simple.

I can write a book.

Or I can practice my craft and answer pointed questions.

Pick one.

David
Too old to do it all

Is that just a mechanical tie, then? Not running any air or electrical connections through there?

Is that just a mechanical tie, then? Not running any air or electrical connections through there?
Exactly, Scott.

A slight warp -- bowing of the upper hull half -- resulted in a major gap when the two hull halves were assembled. So, I developed, constructed, installed, and adjusted that 'hold-down latch' to pull the two halves together. Mission accomplished.

David

Gonna paint the shark on the nose of this Kilo?
You Dick! Like I don't have enough to do on this damned KILO model!

But, yeah, this one pre-launching shot does kind of scream out for some idiot to do just that. And, yup, I'm that idiot! I've got the brains not to commit a direct painting job to the bow, though.

Rather, I'll take my white decal paper and work out the shark graphic off-model till I get an acceptable 'shark', cut it away from the sheet (with an appropriate white boarder), and stick that sucker in place. Then await the screams of outrage as armchair Admirals criticize my inclusion of that marking. Fuck 'em!

Well, I knew it would make sense. In the end.

That's one funky submarine though ;)...
LOL. Yeah. A delightful change of pace. Always loved Well's War Machines. Just fool'n around with this project -- I started it on a dare.

Wait!... didn't THUNDERCHILD turn one of these critters into a submarine?

David

LOL. Yeah. A delightful change of pace. Always loved Well's War Machines. Just fool'n around with this project -- I started it on a dare.

Wait!... didn't THUNDERCHILD turn one of these critters into a submarine?

David
I'm just happy to see diverse examples of your wide ranging oeuvre - to me this is Merriman's Vehicle Modelling Masterclass!

merriman i'm intrigued
what effect has window cleaner in color ?
oOrWH9.jpg

I'm just happy to see diverse examples of your wide ranging oeuvre - to me this is Merriman's Vehicle Modelling Masterclass!
Thanks. When Ellie and I established D&E Miniatures we had to build what the client wanted. Now that I'm retired, I build WHAT I WANT to build. I wish I had done a better job of photo-documenting more of that work. Most of our work now only seen in old copies of model magazines, trade organs, and the occasional yellowed magazine or newspaper article. Oh, well.

Water soluble paints tend to fish-eye if you don't break down the surface tension with a squirt of soap.
What you achieve better with Surfactants in the glas cleaner !
man i learn so much here

thanks Merriman