King Charles coronation: Who is going - and who isn't?

Sadly, my usual suite in the Palace is occupied by redundant Corgi's and also sadly, I am not up to walking them in lieu of rent.

Oh well, I shall have to wait for the next one.

The postal service [being what it is] would appear to have lost my invitation...

I won't be going down to London but will instead doing the next best thing and watching it on the good old TV.

I invited Charles to Bordeaux last march for tea and beer but strikers and rioters burned the town hall doors so he ran away. Since then I have bad press at Windsor Buckingham and Balmoral. As we say in french "Je suis enrhumé j'ai balmoral..."

I'll be working* offshore, so won't be able to attend. I'll be finding the oil to pay the taxes that keep him in the manner to which he has become accustomed.

Nor will I get the day off.

Chris

*Don't say a word, Schneiderman. Not a word.

What there's a Coronation??? Blimey these things keep cropping up! I think I'm busy washing my hair that day...

Recently I read the biography of the man who taught Prince Charles through his basic flying phase at Cranwell (he ended up as CAS so not letting Charlie crash paid off in the career stakes). After getting his wings he was deemed competent enough to have been posted for advanced training for the FAA's Phantom FG.1. For some reason letting the heir to the Kingdom loose on cats 'n' traps in mid-Atlantic didn't seem a safe enough option and he was ushered back to the RN bobbing about in a minesweeper instead (assuming sweeping mines is safer than landing a Phantom at night aboard Ark Royal?). Being a Phantom pilot would have given him a unique cachet as a King though.

(Every aircraft he flew during his training had special maintenance regimes and a dedicated groundcrew with dedicated backups should one go even slightly unserviceable, impossible to do on a carrier.)

Don't tell anyone but I'm the Earl of Shropshire, 23 times removed.

:)

Since my ancestors were involved in removing King George III from his position as head of the 13 pesky colonies, I'm likely be persona non grata for coronations, if the royal family knew me from Adam.

As Stewart Granger said in the movie The Prisoner of Zenda. "I have a habit of missing coronations"

Attachments

• 51zMBPTobkL._AC_SY445_.jpg
    51zMBPTobkL._AC_SY445_.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2