Iraqi Kh-22 missile mystery.

stealthflanker

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

hmm as in title. I wonder if there is any images or record about Iraq air force's Kh-22 missile. The only source i found so far is from the ACIG mentioning immense failure of that type of missile during Iran-Iraq war.

Strangely however so far i never found images, photos or other articles/documentations about it... Only ACIG or other Tom Cooper's publications. At some point it almost lead me to believe that Tom Cooper might be wrong/inaccurate and Iraq never operate Kh-22.

I'm already looked at other discussion forum..hmm so far no mention about Iraqi Kh-22. It's really strange.. even the weapon is a failure..i don't think there would be nothing left than "oral account" There got to be some images, or even the remaining warstock got captured by US during operation desert storm.

For comparison The Egyptian operated KSR-2 and KSR-11 missiles, documentation exist along with photo and service record.. and it's also.. well in my view unsuccessful with if my memory serve me right 8 missed out of 10 shots during the war.

So i wonder if anyone can help me in that respect. Thank you for any responses given.

Sorry Stealthflanker, I've only just seen this and regrettably, I've got nothing to contribute.

Regards
Pioneer