Bitcoin and cryptocurrency

The more that comes out about FTX, the more I think about Ivar Kruger and so many fraudsters down the years, investors money was treated as the proprietors own bank account.

I remember reading somewhere that the most dangerous thing was a one-man finance company, and that's how I think FTX was operating.

FTX was not just one man. And the associated Alameda Research had its own CEO. It will be interesting if Mr. Bankman-Fried's day to day activities will be revealed, along with the day to day activities of the Alameda Research CEO, since a mixing of FTX and Alameda funds is alleged.

From the end of January of this year:

Crypto is not currency. Coins or tokens are referred to as "products" in the trade. And, supposedly, all of this was started to rein in bad human behavior as if humans could ever be taken out of the loop. The creators of crypto obviously never watched the Terminator movies, and believe in the idea that "in the future, all problems will be solved." By what, machines? Crazy.

The plot thickens...

Not surprised, if the below link is correct . . .

EDIT: I missed out an 'If', now corrected . . .

cheers,
Robin.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in this topic should have a read of the following:

41gLHkCHG+L.jpg

This Walmart story is similar to when I tried to explain to my mom what it means to own an NFT. She couldn't understand how you could own digital property. But some people patent ideas, and this is just intellectual property. Through this fact, I could explain this to her. Walmart is always ready to develop in new fields, so I don't think their idea is terrible. Although I'm still attracted to trading on Binance more than collecting it through Walmart. I recently read the cryptosignals guru review and plan to use it to avoid wasting time studying cryptography.

Last edited:
The Emperors new clothes gets another rerun. A pity horizontal stripes are still out of season.
I was thinking a while ago that there would be a very unique method of dealing with defendants like these and it is NOT jail time, well not long anyway.
How about we look into the restoration of various reef's around the world especially, the deep water cold types.
So, how about we find some of the old mankers and old merchant ships and remove all the contaminants. Make up a bunch of cages, bunk the miscreants inside and sail the resulting vessel to the site you want the reef and scutle it. Instead of just restoring the coral we could feed the fishes too.
Perhaps we could locate the financiers for the people smuggling rings and put them in too?
You know I think it could work...........

Heard about a good one today . . .
"Go and buy some of those chocolate coins / money that you can get at this time of year, then take them with you when you go to buy something expensive. Offer to pay for your expensive item with the chocolate 'money'. When the cashier / salesperson refuses to take them / asks you what you are doing, just say 'Bitcoins . . .' "

cheers,
Robin.

"hashrate"? Yes, of course. Or, how to (not) mine something using a lot of electricity. A pure waste of time. An attempt to replace traditional banks and Wall Street and create the New World Order. Banking and other transactions will now be in the hands of "persons unknown."

Wow.... Web 3.0 is going strong here....
Crypto coins are a bust...
NFT's are a bust...
But the Metaverse based on all those proven web 3.0 technologies, is going to be the next best thing, that will change the world! ( Sarcasm )

I miss Web 1.0, that was fun

*imitates dial up connection sounds*