AVIA/Lombardi Aircraft

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

the AVIA (Azionaria Vercellese Industrie Aeronautiche) was formed in 1938,built FL.3,
Production resumed after the war, until the end of 1947, when company was absorbed
by Francis Lombardi.

Its designs are; LB.1,LB.2,LM.02,L.3,L.4,LM.5,LM.6,LM.7,LM.8 & LM.51.
Later I will talk about them.

... the AVIA (Azionaria Vercellese Industrie Aeronautiche) was formed in 1938...

Just to be clear, 'Francis' Lombardi formed the Anonima Vercellese Industria Aeronautica in 1938. (That word anonima or 'anonymous' signifying that this first form of the A.V.I.A. company had is stocks privately traded.)

At some later date (which I have not yet been able to uncover), A.V.I.A. became publicly-traded. Only from this later point did the A.V.I.A. acronym stand for Azionaria Vercellese Industrie Aeronautiche.

-- https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/lombardi-aircraft.4082/#post-613858

OK my dear Apophenia,

may the encyclopedia which I quoted from it was wrong.

Its list;

LB.1 & LB.2 were a low-mid-wing twin boom side-by-side two-seat light aircraft,powered by a pusher engine
and had an early tricycle undercarriage
LM.01 ------?
LM.02 was a single seat low-mid-wing attack glider monoplane,may be remained a project
FL.3 was a side-by-side two-seat low-wing cantilever cabin monoplane,intended for multi-role,
and its variants;
-L.3 : Prototype (I-ABJR); 45 hp Walter Persy II HO4;* span 10.00 m
-- * Engine removed from commandante Lombardi's personal Zlín Z-XII
- FL.3: Production model; 60 hp CNA D.4 (D.IV) HO4; span 10.00 m
L.4 was a side-by-side two-seat low-wing cabin monolane,developed from FL.3 or L.3,but