Zelensky complains about faulty Air Defence Missile System

uk 75

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
There’s good photo evidence of Stormer and Gepard working well.

S300 is the current main air defence system, obviously working well, so would be surprised if adding to this was the problem. Also would a problem with this necessitate the system “going backwards and forwards to it supplier” when there’s considerable expertise locally?

From what’s said, I understand it as Patriot’s not in theatre yet….. it’s more a call that anything delivered, must work.

We’ve not see anything of Cortale/Hawk. These are well established systems but old so I guess poorly serviceable equipment could have been supplied.

Also we’ve not seen anything of NASAM’s/IRIS-T/SAMP/T which are all new/relatively new systems and could be suffering from real world deployment technical difficulties.

Any missing?

Very interesting… hope this doesn’t get deleted as per my post on this subject yesterday.

Last edited:
Also we’ve not seen anything of NASAM’s/IRIS-T/SAMP/T which are all new/relatively new systems and could be suffering from real world deployment technical difficulties.

I don't think SAMP/T, like Patriot, is in theatre yet. IRIS-T-SLM and NASAMS are and images/videos have been released, generally accompanied by favourable reports. My guess is HAWK/Crotale, maybe Avenger.

I don't think SAMP/T, like Patriot, is in theatre yet. IRIS-T-SLM and NASAMS are and images/videos have been released, generally accompanied by favourable reports. My guess is HAWK/Crotale, maybe Avenger.
Crotale seems to be doing well.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/11wvjnq/afu_the_first_shots_of_the_french_shortrange_air/

I’ve found some very praiseworthy comments on IRIS-T although lacking any film.

Cortale seems to be preforming

Avenger is basically Stinger and American and the report is specifically European. So again maybe not NASAM.

Not sure who donated the HAWK but if America then it doesn’t fit the story.

Edit - HAWK Missiles from Isreal and Spain supplied via USA.

Wiki (not a great source) reports SAMP/T as delivered in January but others say not there yet…. Best fit yet?

Edit - Operator training commenced beginning of Feb and expected online end of March. No further reports.

Last edited:
Perhaps the East German surplus Strelas? Way past their sell-by date, with well-documented issues. Though not reallly an air defense system, just a Manpads.

Edit - HAWK Missiles from Isreal and Spain supplied via USA.
Think HAWK was Spain only...I don't think Israel has supplied any lethal weaponry.

The betting appears to be on HAWK...

Crotale has been seen in operation and engaged successfully.