Wilford Minuteman Missile

o_O
Black and white negative concept drawing of the minuteman missile designed for the United States Air Force. The concept used a launching rotor designed by Wilford to launch atomic waste into space.
"Atomic waste", a typo or just another word for "nuclear warheads"?!

What were they think of with that??

I'd need more to go on but could be one of the many concepts for launching an ICBM without the tell-tale 'launch flare' or suggested air-breathing stages to enhance performance* and/or reduce launch silo damage. (An Minuteman pretty much wrecks it's launch silo on launch and the original idea ala-the Titan was an ability to 're-load' for another go) That is the weirdest I've seen though.

* Could be they actually meant:
o_O
Black and white negative concept drawing of the minuteman missile designed for the United States Air Force. The concept used a launching rotor designed by Wilford to launch atomic waste into space.
"Atomic waste", a typo or just another word for "nuclear warheads"?!

And it was an idea to use 'surplus' Minuteman missiles to launch actual waste into space... THAT would likely be a crazy idea but...

Randy

Maybe it’s a scheme whereby you have ten times the number of silo’s than missiles and you keep swapping the missiles between the silo’s to keep the russkies guessing.

Maybe it’s a scheme whereby you have ten times the number of silo’s than missiles and you keep swapping the missiles between the silo’s to keep the russkies guessing.

I think it was the product of a deranged immagination.