So what?

It's about like saying they managed to shoot down a target drone... Reapers don't have any defensive systems like chaff, flares, decoys, RWRs, MAWS, etc installed.

Seems odd to me that they are not flying with the Self-Protection pod that GA demonstrated years ago.

It´s better they spend their missiles on Reapers and Predators than on airliners.
If the Reaper were too much protected, this would not work.

It´s better they spend their missiles on Reapers and Predators than on airliners.
Granted, I'm just getting annoyed by the propaganda claims of "we shot down a US plane!!!eleventyone!" Needs the DOD to drop the James May "Oh, no, how sad. Anyway..." meme in response. Every time.

I just had a look on FR24 and the only airliners flying over Yemen right now are Yemenia flights from Dubai and Cairo. No other operator is crazy enough to route over Yemen; they're staying well offshore through the Gulf of Aden or in Saudi airspace.

So what?

It's about like saying they managed to shoot down a target drone... Reapers don't have any defensive systems like chaff, flares, decoys, RWRs, MAWS, etc installed.
Well, it's one hell of a target drone. Some modern multirole fighters cost about as much.
Agreed, but we all know that the DoD makes some absolutely WTF-inspiring decisions.
Iirc they're working to add a podded self-defense suit to them, but it's only in future.

I just had a look on FR24 and the only airliners flying over Yemen right now are Yemenia flights from Dubai and Cairo. No other operator is crazy enough to route over Yemen; they're staying well offshore through the Gulf of Aden or in Saudi airspace.
Really? Was that the sense of my meaning? Is that what you can only see out of the Houthis actions?
C'mon, I know you know better.

Well they're targeting civilian vessels, so there's no reason they wouldn't target air traffic too.

Really? Was that the sense of my meaning? Is that what you can only see out of the Houthis actions?
C'mon, I know you know better.

I understood you to mean that if we don't give the Houthis drones to shoot at, they would shoot at airliners instead. My point is that there are no foreign airliners flying over Yemen for them to shoot at.