UK's first driverless bus begins passenger service in Edinburgh

Let's just say that I won't be going on a driverless bus anytime soon no matter what they say about having a safety driver onboard, sooner or later they will get rid of the driver and have fully autonomous busses and that scares me.

I am sure that they have many more busses than just the one that was on display zen.

Only one?
Surely this breaks tradition that say three must turn up at once, late
;)
Oh I don't know, a workmate was complaining the other day that a Stagecoach bus drove past him en route to the bus stop running seven minutes early! Totally unheard of around here.

A two-man crew for a driverless bus? How is that saving money?
Why can't the driver scowl at you as you buy your ticket like they usually do, or maybe the Bus Captain (clippy?) has had special training in eye rolling and tutting when your contactless card isn't working?

The greatest challenge is guessing what "that pedestrian" is going to do before the pedestrian has made up his mind.
Another challenge - in Vancouver - is that those brightly colored lights, on the corners are purely for styling ... in that they rarely predict which way the other vehicle will turn.

Only one?
;)
That is because the first bus is over-loaded and running late. He is trying to skip stops to make up time - but every time he stops, passengers insist on boarding the already over-loaded bus while ignoring the half-empty bus behind him. This practice baffles bus drivers????????

Only one?
;)
That is because the first bus is over-loaded and running late. He is trying to skip stops to make up time - but every time he stops, passengers insist on boarding the already over-loaded bus while ignoring the half-empty bus behind him. This practice baffles bus drivers????????
Because if you try to walk to the second bus, it invariably drives away. But if you wait in a queue to get on the first bus, the second will sit there tempting you......