UK Defence Budget

What was the problem with Panther, I have read that they were found to be very cramped when Bowman was fitted, reducing the crew from 4 to 3?
Correct ref crew reduction and they were also a bit of a maintenance hog. Also the rear stowage area was not included in the armour protected area. Did you notice that the Russians built it as the Rys' in Russia under licence?
Yes, I always thought that was weird, why did the Russians need Italian help design an AFV? I di d we adopted it, from reading the selection process, Panther was late entry that came from out of left field. I thought that the RG31 (?) was a better choice, it's hard to beat the S African's for Mine Resistant Vehicles.

I have wondered if the contract for Panther paid for Tony Blairs Tuscan Holidays?

What was the problem with Panther, I have read that they were found to be very cramped when Bowman was fitted, reducing the crew from 4 to 3?
Correct ref crew reduction and they were also a bit of a maintenance hog. Also the rear stowage area was not included in the armour protected area. Did you notice that the Russians built it as the Rys' in Russia under licence?
Yes, I always thought that was weird, why did the Russians need Italian help design an AFV? I di d we adopted it, from reading the selection process, Panther was late entry that came from out of left field. I thought that the RG31 (?) was a better choice, it's hard to beat the S African's for Mine Resistant Vehicles.

I have wondered if the contract for Panther paid for Tony Blairs Tuscan Holidays?
The Russians, like the Chinese, are happy to look at other counties kit but rarely buy and produce under licence as they did with the Rys'. They would normally champion their own kit as they do now when they claim their own Tigr-M is best. They also looked at the Centauro B1:

Agree with you on the RG31 it made far more sense. You might enjoy this:

I liked the Alvis Scrab as well.

Has anyone in the British Army asked the Israeli army, how they still find a use for 1950's produced centurion chassis, and captured T55 chassis.

If I was going into close battle, I'd like a nammer.