The Elizabeth Sword

It doesn't look functional though. That said the craftsmanship will be high quality (just the result will be a parade piece).

Saw the other King's Swords when I went to see the Crown Jewels last year. Beautiful craftsmanship, and IMO the prettiest was George IV's.

Its not supposed to be functional. Charles isn't ever going to lead the British armed forces into battle :)

Its not supposed to be functional. Charles isn't ever going to lead the British armed forces into battle :)
Think of the boost to British morale if he did (successfully).

On the other issues: imagine an old man like that with those cumbersome sausage fingers trying to wield that ridiculous bit of metal. He'll put an eye out, after lacerating his own forearms.

Think of the boost to British morale if he did (successfully).

On the other issues: imagine an old man like that with those cumbersome sausage fingers trying to wield that ridiculous bit of metal. He'll put an eye out, after lacerating his own forearms.

Oh please. This is a two-handed sword. I doubt the designers purposely left out functionality. I had the opportunity to handle a two-handed sword. I got only one demonstration before trying it myself. The swings are away from the front of the body and "point toward enemy." I suppose if you threw it into the air and tried to catch it, the above might occur - maybe.

Last edited:
He'd lose an ear at minimum.

I reckon it would take a brave man or an idiot to get in front of that but whoever thought it looked good needs a better optician. Or an optician of any sort.

No doubt it will be shoved in a vault and only brought out when Charlie boy passes the baton onwards.

£22k? I might give them 22p, if I was in a generous mood.