some questions about new "secret projects" book

styx

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an Italian aviation/military enthusiast and I want express my absolute appreciation for this wonderful forum, the administrators and all the members, who gives their essential contribute to the knowledge of the misterious world of aircraft prototypes and paper projects
I would like to know why "american secret projects: fighters 1945-1978" does not talk about the projects of eighties, is there a problem about lack of declassified informations and sources or only an editorial problem (number of pages) so we can expect a second volume in relatively short time?

styx said:
Hi, I'm an Italian aviation/military enthusiast and I want express my absolute appreciation for this wonderful forum, the administrators and all the members, who gives their essential contribute to the knowledge of the misterious world of aircraft prototypes and paper projects
I would like to know why "american secret projects: fighters 1945-1978" does not talk about the projects of eighties,

The problem is that starting about 1978 the USAF started getting more into stealth fighters such as the ATF program leading to the F-22, and a classification crackdown hit. There's just not that much available, detailed and interesting post-1978.