Sergei Sergeievich Saliya's SS-5 rocket plane

Stargazer

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
As I have not heard previously of Saliya and his works, I'm putting this design in the "Theoretical" section for now. The design was shown at MAKS-2009 so I suppose there has got to be some level of seriousness in the project.

Any additional info would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Sergei Sergeyevich Saliya SS-5.jpg
    Sergei Sergeyevich Saliya SS-5.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 178
it looks aerodynamically possible, but needs a much bigger fuel tank for that diameter of engine.

Attachments

• 14712.jpg
    14712.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 3174745_original.jpg
    3174745_original.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 33
Another interesting project of the SS-5 space interceptor was developed by Ukrainian designer Sergey Sergeyevich Saliy. Despite the fact that Sergey Sergeevich is only twelve years old and he is still studying at the gymnasium No. 30 of Kiev, his project was very impressive. It is a pity that Sergey did not have enough time to build a model of his interceptor, and therefore only detailed drawings of his development were presented at the salon. But Sergey’s idea is rich. In his opinion, the interception of all kinds of space objects - whether it be missiles of a potential enemy or meteorites - can be carried out using a rocket aircraft constructed according to the "canard" scheme.

The pilot will be assisted by an artificial intelligence system. And first, an experienced test pilot will conduct training for a cyber pilot on the principle of "do as I do". And artificial intelligence will fix in memory all the shown techniques, and, having accumulated sufficient experience, the cyber pilot will switch to independent flights, continuing to improve in his business, transferring the acquired skills to other cybernetic devices.

Young Technik magazine #11-2009