Richard Branson announces trip to space, ahead of Jeff Bezos

I have to laugh at how our ambitions have shrunk since my childhood.
Instead of the comfortable Pan Am clipper flying out to an orbiting station with its own Hilton Hotel, my old self can just chuckle at Branson crammed into what seems like a converted two seater Lightning fighter.

Because Musk his good pal asked him ? In passing, Bezos more and more looks like Patrick Stewart...

Because Musk his good pal asked him ? In passing, Bezos more and more looks like Patrick Stewart...
And thus we have potential performer of Bezos' role in his biopic? :)
P.S. I'm glad to see, how Sir Stuart remains intact for decades, still searching (and finding) new ways to implement his talents.

It seems more appropriate to post this in a thread in The Bar than the other threads.

Virgin Galactic and Blue Origin: can they be more than ‘space’ joyrides for millionaires?

Branson has completed his lifelong dream, and Bezos and passengers are on the brink of going a bit higher, but to the vast majority of people who will never get to experience such a flight it is of little importance. No new records have been broken and no new technology has been tested. The real excitement will come when these companies are able to reach orbit, willing to trial new technologies, assist significantly with scientific research, and open their doors to more people who aren’t super rich.