Republic TFX Video

shockonlip

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Copies of the video from which these stills were taken was for sale on eBAY
back around the end of last year/beginning of this year, as memory serves
me.

And it was discussed here at the time.

I was somewhat surprised that not that many people seemed to take advantage of it.

I did - nice video !

I did buy a DVD, but never received my copy. Contact info for the seller would be appreciated if anyone has it.

Yes, thats where I took the captures from. It took ages for him to post it out though - it was some months later.

aim9xray said:
I did buy a DVD, but never received my copy. Contact info for the seller would be appreciated if anyone has it.

Snap!

Reading this jogged my memory that I had also ordered one of the Thunderstriker DVD's. I had completely forgotten about the purchase! I've just checked my ebay messages and the last message from reelarchives on the 12th of February reads:

Hello, Sorry the DVD is late - the film transfer company I used to transfer the originals is just finishing the job now and will be shipping to me next week. Hang in there a little longer and you will get your DVD plus I am going to add some bonus footage of other Republic Aviation stuff for your patience! Regards,
Shawn

I have as yet not received my DVD, I guess somewhere between the US Postal Service, and Royal Mail, it has gone astray, an all too common result for items I have ordered from the US over the last two years.

Duncan

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine took some time too. I just kept emailing him after awhile asking for it. He did send it. He indicated he had a problem with his DVD copy mechanism as I recall, and he had to purchase a new machine. I did get it however, and it is good.

So I recently purchased the Republic XF-103 reels from him. I haven't gotten them yet. We'll see how he does.

Last edited by a moderator:
aim9xray said:

I just PM'd him here.
Just PM reelarchives.

He was always polite and wanting to serve.

I think you just have to keep nudging him.

If someone ordered a DVD and didn't receive one just let me know and I will mail one out to them. Some buyers cancelled their orders when it went beyond 60 days - which I can't blame them, but the films took forever to copy and then when I was finally ready to copy the digital film onto my DVD recorder I kept getting errors and major headaches so I had to go purchase another one. Keep in mind I don't do this for a living and have a real job which takes me on the road for days at a time so hopefully I didn't piss too many people off with this project. If you cancelled your order and want a new one then just let me know. I believe I only owe 1 person a DVD, but since my record keeping is crap right now I'll send to whoever the 2 people are here in this forum a DVD - just email me here or post me the info to send to you.
I think the quality of the film is amazing and worth the wait.

The 5 big films are also on the way by Media and it took me a few days to actually find a box big/strong enough to mail them. I also insured them for $500.00. Regards, Shawn

Howdy! I would like one of the Republic TFX and AP-100 DVD(s). How much do these cost and where do I send you a check or PayPal? Please reply via PM if you prefer. Thank you kindly.

OM said:
and then when I was finally ready to copy the digital film onto my DVD recorder I kept getting errors

...What sort of errors were you getting?

This is all fascinating, but maybe you could carry on the conversation via email.

taildragger said:
This is all fascinating, but maybe you could carry on the conversation via email.

Maybe you should just not read the thread if it bothers you. Kids these days. ::)

shockonlip said:
Mine took some time too. I just kept emailing him after awhile asking for it.
He did send it. He indicated he had a problem with his DVD copy mechanism
as I recall, and he had to purchase a new machine. I did get it however, and it
is good.

So I recently purchased the Republic XF-103 reels from him. I haven't gotten
them yet. We'll see how he does.

Got them Friday evening!
Thanks reelarchives !
Looking forward to watching them, but I need to get a nice 16mm projector first.
Any suggestions?