Reddit slaps on API fees, alienates moderators as hundreds of subreddits go dark in protest

Yep. I'm a die hard fanatic of Better Call Saul, and the sub-reddit went dark for three days, june 12-15. They have partially re-opened it., after a vote.

Ultimately, it does show the fragility of relying on the cloud to host your communities. However, the alternative is fragile in a different way.

Last edited:
It will be a shame if /r/specialaccess goes away. I always felt like SPF was the Shaolin temple and the special access program subreddit was the 36th chamber of Shaolin.

Last edited:
I find Reddit extremely useful, but on the other hand I don’t really like it. The CEO doesn’t seem particularly likable but it’s about 50/50 with most mods. I don’t really know how to feel. I guess in principle I think reddits policies are bad but I’m not overly invested in the outcome. IPO is almost always the death of such websites.

I wonder if the person behind this move worked at photobucket a few years back…if so, I want to thank him….personally…