Re-birth of Mauboussin company

Silencer1

That now I am the Ruler of the Queen's Navee!
Reaction score
Occasionnaly, on the cover of French magazine I see the advanced aircraft, developed now by "Avions Mausboussin"
Here - just link to the site

Pages about two current projects, and some historical background could be interesting

hmmm interesting ill have to do some research. ill try to get schematics if possible

Occasionnaly, on the cover of French magazine I see the advanced aircraft, developed now by "Avions Mausboussin"
Here - just link to the site

Pages about two current projects, and some historical background could be interesting
1610727491637.png
are you talking about this???

okay so this is what i found.​

Formation[edit]​

Pierre Mauboussin had been in partnership with Louis Peyret from 1928 and had jointly designed three types of light sporting aircraft. Mauboussin left the firm in 1933 after the death of Peyret and established his own aircraft design company. The company was acquired by Fouga in 1936, but continued to produce further designs until 1948.

Aircraft designs[edit]​

A Mauboussin M.123 at Persan-Beaumont airfield, Paris, in June 1957
Mauboussin M.112 Corsaire (6 built, first original Peyret PM XII)[1]Mauboussin M.120 Corsaire series(over 100 built pre and postwar)[2]Mauboussin M.40 Hemiptere(1 single-seat double monoplane built in 1936)Mauboussin M.200 series(2 low-wing aircraft built 1939-1941)Mauboussin M.300(1 or 2 twin-engined low wing trainers built in 1948)

Surviving aircraft[edit]​

Nine M.120 Corsaire series aircraft survived in French aircraft collections and museums during 2005.[3] A few examples are still airworthy.

Yes. But Couldn't understand, why two different aircraft represented under Plane drop-down list in the top right site menu?

At this moment, its reminds me similar attempts from automotive industry, to revive famous names and use it for "luxury" cars designations - like Maybach, Bugatti etc.

P.S. Cover of French magazine

1610734111107.png

Yes. But Couldn't understand, why two different aircraft represented under Plane drop-down list in the top right site menu?

At this moment, its reminds me similar attempts from automotive industry, to revive famous names and use it for "luxury" cars designations - like Maybach, Bugatti etc.
thats my field of expertice actually. automotive. (seriosly? a W16 engine in buggati? wow.) there are two different aircraft because there is the war version/prewar version or the war version/postwar version
tiny bit confusing but yeah.

thats my field of expertice actually. automotive. (seriosly? a W16 engine in buggati? wow.) there are two different aircraft because there is the war version/prewar version or the war version/postwar version
tiny bit confusing but yeah.
the corsaire is copyright though 1610734290471.png
lol:D

thats my field of expertice actually. automotive. (seriosly? a W16 engine in buggati? wow.)
Dear sean hunter!
I only trying to compare attempts of using previously famous, but abandoned brands, like Maybach (used again in 2002-2019) and Bugatti (restored again in 1987 and still exists). So, Mauboussin revived now by some persons, that trying to stick previous achievements to current projects.That's all

Is any member of the Maubossin family involved with the revived company?

I am comparing Maubossin with the Dornier factory that still employs a descendent of the founder: Claudius Dornier. These days the Dornier firm mostly makes medical equipment.