Purchase prices of light aircraft ?

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a suitable source for purchase prices of single and twin engined
light aircraft from the post war era. Aproximated prices would be sufficient,
maybe similar to price lists for cars, as used by insurance companies. Any clue ? ???

I don't know of an online source, but you might be able to find an old issue of Trade-A-Plane or a similar publication for general ideas of used prices.

For new prices, old general aviation magazines like FLYING and AIR PROGRESS might help. Budd Davisson's PIREP archive at www.airbum.com at might provide some clues on those occasions he was reviewing new aircraft.

A few months back I purchased (from a bookstore here in Luxembourg) a copy of the German "Fluegel" ("Wings") magazine's annual World Directory for 2009-2010. It's basically a big catalogue of light and ultralight aircraft, with a picture, basic specs and performance data, and an approximate price for each type. The index covers currently available light and ultralight aircraft, both fixed and rotary wing, ready-to-fly and kits.

If that's what you're looking for, there's apparently an English version as well, available from http://www.flying-pages.com/index.php?id=198.

Regards & all,

Thomas L. Nielsen
Luxembourg

Plane & Pilot magazine used to, may still, print an annual buyer's guide. Somewhere I have a copy from 1978 & I think a year or so ago I picked up an issue from the early '70s on eBay. Don't know how far back they printed them, but eBay may be a good place to look for old ads, etc.

Many thanks for your clues, best way seems to look for old magazines.
"Plane & Pilot", "Flying" and "Air Progress" are quite old ones and cover the time frame
I'm looking for. Maybe I'll get an answer on an email, that often worked quite good.

Back
Top Bottom