Proposed post-midway Akagi and kaga Modernisation plan

Tzoli

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I've acquired a rather low quality photo showing the Kaga's model as how would she look like after the proposed but cancelled pot-Midway (cancelled before Midway) modernisation or refit plan.
sGeRhCe.jpg

But I do not know any concrete data on the proposal itself.
Do anybody know anything about these proposals?

I'm trying to draw this thing but the angle of the photo for the side view makes it much more difficult. Very hard to determine the flightdeck's true lenght

Apparently I was wrong.
This photo shows the Kaga's windtunnel test model in early 1934 and it was the chosen modernisation for her 1934-35 rebuilt. The cause why Kaga not looked like this is the Tomozoru incident from which the design revised and many weight saving measures were taken:
much smaller bridge, reworked sponsons all around the hull, deletion of the semi-hurricane bow, smaller structure aft and different heavy AA placement.

Photo is from Fukui 3-volume photo-album, volume 3, p.69m they are dated 23. February 1934.

I've acquired a rather low quality photo showing the Kaga's model as how would she look like after the proposed but cancelled pot-Midway (cancelled before Midway) modernisation or refit plan.
sGeRhCe.jpg

i have seen you posted on imgur a page a book where is taken this photograph. Which is the title of book ? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• w5gzlNA.jpg
    w5gzlNA.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 173
sGeRhCe.jpg

i have seen you posted on imgur a page a book where is taken this photograph. Which is the title of book ? :rolleyes:
7 years ago.... I do not now know where did I get hold of that image.

I can't see your drawing Tzoli, but there is a very similar drawing in Hans Lengerer's "The Aircraft Carriers of the Imperial Japanese Navy and Army. Vol 1"