Possibly no interest but what I would like to see in an aviation book.

Foo Fighter

Cum adolescunt hominem verum esse volo.
Reaction score
I get it, info difficult to find etc but I would like to see a publication that deals with the relative merits of various nation states projects versus the aircraft they actually put into service and quantifies the values of the different types. Possibly of limited interest but them's the breaks. I would also like to find any pilot notes so only those aircraft that actually flew in some guise or other.

For example, the Hurricane Versus the MB-2 etc.

I have not personal experience of searching for the documents but flight test reports from the AAEE at Martlesham Heath etc. should be held by the National Archives. Certainly those for the more famous aircraft are and copies of many can be found dotted around the internet. If someone has the time and inclination I guess they could form the basis for a series of articles.

It seems not many folk think so but fair play to them. Free choice and all.

I think Eric Brown wrote a book along these lines, for the (many) types he evaluated.

I would like to read a book about various forgotten Canadian projects: later versions of Avro CF-100 Canuck, Avro Jetliner, Avro Arrow, Gregor FDB-1 biplane, Fairchild Husky, Fairchild Sekani, Fleet Fort, Fleet Freighter, a handful of helicopters, etc.
Instead of just glorifying technical aspects, it is important to understand the bigger economic and political perspectives that forced cancellation of these promising projects.
I thought about writing a book about failed/delayed Canadian Defense purchases (MCHS Brador, Bobcat APC, Sea King replacement, etc.) but found the concept too depressing.
It looks like Justo Miranda will cover most of the Avro flying saucer concepts in his next book.

Thing is that's one point of view, seeing for example, reports of German test pilots on their projects etc. Essentially multiple views if possible.