Mysterious plume still baffling people

seruriermarshal

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Mysterious plume still baffling people

Updated: 03/19/2014 9:20 PM | Created: 03/18/2014 10:38 PM
By: KOB.com staff

A mysterious plume that showed up on National Weather Service radars is still puzzling people.

The radars first picked up the plume in Socorro County Monday evening, then went east into Texas and Oklahoma.

The weather service offices in El Paso and Albuquerque didn't know what caused it, so KOB Eyewitness News 4 called White Sands Missile Range. Officials there didn't know what it was.

KOB also called Holloman and Cannon Air Force bases. They were both just as baffled as everyone else. For now, the mystery remains.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3366689.shtml#.UypiQlJcymw

nope, no volcanos in area
but several test sites like White Sands Missile Range
and the Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center at Playas, New Mexico
they testing of high explosives, bombs, and other munitions…

with wind direction of south-west to north-east, it could be them

Michel Van said:
nope, no volcanos in area
but several test sites like White Sands Missile Range
and the Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center at Playas, New Mexico
they testing of high explosives, bombs, and other munitions…

with wind direction of south-west to north-east, it could be them

If something exploded that was secret and not meant to go off like this, they'll deny having anything to do with it, anyway... ::)

Hopefully it's not someones out of control nanite swarm...

Stargazer said:
sublight is back said:

Thanks. With all the speculation and theories, I guess those journalists had a hard time telling the wheat from the... chaff. ;D

I don't doubt it is a chaff technology, but I doubt it is RR-188. 9 hours is a pretty spectacular hang time for chaff. You could pop one of these off over a threat like a ship or SAM emplacement and effectively neutralize it for the duration. Or in the ships case, until it sails out from under it.

sublight is back said:
Stargazer said:
sublight is back said:

Thanks. With all the speculation and theories, I guess those journalists had a hard time telling the wheat from the... chaff. ;D

I don't doubt it is a chaff technology, but I doubt it is RR-188. 9 hours is a pretty spectacular hang time for chaff. You could pop one of these off over a threat like a ship or SAM emplacement and effectively neutralize it for the duration. Or in the ships case, until it sails out from under it.
Talk about assymetric warfare. "Oh, you bought fancy new S-400s? That's okay, we're going to put a cloud over them that makes them useless (until a good breeze comes along anyway ;) ) ".