Mysterious Aircraft Spotted At Area 51

I was guessing if the image taken in Area 51 was in reality the NGAD Demonstrator realized by Boeing (dubbed "Voodoo II" by its Phantom Works).
The following image triggered in me the idea that maybe such aircraft demonstrator would be quite similiar (in top view) to the SAAB Draken.

0%200%200%20.jpeg

So no Draken in Area 51 rather than (surprise!!!) a new prototype, exactly the type of work envisioned for "The Ranch"....
That aircraft is one of the (several) 6th generation inspired concepts made by Rodrigo Avella.
It's a very good rendering, but it's just fanart. I wouldn't read too much into it.

On the other hand (since we are speculating) if the aircraft captured on the satellite picture is not a J35 and if both F-16XL are accounted for, the only concept I've seen that is sort of reminiscent of that shape is the one depicted here in the top right corner:
IHPTET_clipart.jpg

I was guessing if the image taken in Area 51 was in reality the NGAD Demonstrator realized by Boeing (dubbed "Voodoo II" by its Phantom Works).
The following image triggered in me the idea that maybe such aircraft demonstrator would be quite similiar (in top view) to the SAAB Draken.

0%200%200%20.jpeg

So no Draken in Area 51 rather than (surprise!!!) a new prototype, exactly the type of work envisioned for "The Ranch"....
That aircraft is one of the (several) 6th generation inspired concepts made by Rodrigo Avella.
It's a very good rendering, but it's just fanart. I wouldn't read too much into it.

On the other hand (since we are speculating) if the aircraft captured on the satellite picture is not a J35 and if both F-16XL are accounted for, the only concept I've seen that is sort of reminiscent of that shape is the one depicted here in the top right corner:
View attachment 695723
Look at the shape just below the skull's chin (tee-shaped). At the lower point, look at the gold color shape where the chain is hanging, kind of looks like a canopy? Interesting?

Not a bad hypothesis to restart the discussion from scratch!

Ok, here you go: I would guess a sub-scale NGAD technology demonstrator featuring a novel aerodynamic configuration in combination with lo-characteristics, powered by a single adaptive cycle engine prototype. :cool:

A VERY interesting satellite picture was taken of a mysterious aircraft at the scoot and hide hangar at the south end of Area 51.

So, let the speculation game begin…

I can’t help but notice the simularities in timing between the sighting of the triangle overhead Amarillo in march 2014 and this satellite image and the once again rising tensions between Russia and Ukraine.

First of all, while difficult to judge, the airplane seems about the size of an F16, based on the width of the taxiway of 15 meters. So it’s about fighter sized… NGAD prototype?

And who can tell what the mysterious structure is that surrounds it?

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/44057/mysterious-aircraft-spotted-at-area-51-in-unprecedented-satellite-imageView attachment 673394
Appears to be a Saab Draaken.

Appears to be a Saab Draaken.
That's the point, what appears to be a Draaken is obviously not a SAAB aircraft rather than something that shares (more or less) the same configuration.

The best candidate is a full (or smaller) scale NGAD prototype, exactly the one realized by Boeing that should have broken several records starting by 2020.

View attachment 695723
This image belongs to this PDF file, for whoever is interested in it.