Missile Identification

Andreas Parsch

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Hi,
someone sent me a photo with a missile(?), which neither they nor I can identify. Maybe some of the experts can help? No information about the time frame is available, except that the F-100 and its paint scheme seem to point to the mid-1960s or earlier.

Attachments

• Missile.png
    Missile.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 57
Just to say the obvious, this feels like it might be a predecessor to the Vought ALVRJ? Similar air ducting and general configuration (different details like fins, obviously).

Hi,
someone sent me a photo with a missile(?), which neither they nor I can identify. Maybe some of the experts can help? No information about the time frame is available, except that the F-100 and its paint scheme seem to point to the mid-1960s or earlier.
He's alive!

Predecessor to AVLRJ was SCP / LASRM in late 1960s / early 1970s which was the earliest ducted rocket work in the US.

There are Aviation Week references to this I can check when I get home but no pictures immediately locatable, but that would be my guess and North American (Columbus) were a contractor on that program which might explain F-100 connection?