Little-known BuOrd guided bomb projects

Vahe Demirjian

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
The Russian Wikipedia page about the US Navy's SWOD guided bombs lists the SWOD numbers MK 1, MK 5, and MK 6 for the Robin, Falcon, and Moth guided bombs respectively. Also the page about the SWOD guided bombs by Andreas Parsch suggests that the SWOD number MK 21 quoted for the Kingfisher B is a typo for MK 12 because the Kingfisher B was derived from the MK 11 Kingfisher A and the MK 15 Kingfisher C was developed subsequent to the Kingfisher A and Kingfisher B. Are there any official US Navy documents to confirm that the correct designation for Kingfisher B is MK 12 and that the SWOD numbers MK 1, MK 5, and MK 6 were allocated to the Robin, Falcon, and Moth guided bombs respectively?

The Russian Wikipedia page about the US Navy's SWOD guided bombs lists the SWOD numbers MK 1, MK 5, and MK 6 for the Robin, Falcon, and Moth guided bombs respectively.

I done this page many years ago, so it might be... not exactly completely correct. I didn't have many sources that I have now.

suggests that the SWOD number MK 21 quoted for the Kingfisher B is a typo for MK 12 because the Kingfisher B was derived from the MK 11 Kingfisher A and the MK 15 Kingfisher C was developed subsequent to the Kingfisher A and Kingfisher B.

There are some data here:

National Bureau of Standards quarterly report on project KINGFISHER (No.1-3) - National Bureau of Standards (1947)

But not much. It seems that Kingfisher project tried to get away with SWOD designations, so they were used only sporadically.