Lazurit nuclear submarines

World B4

my bad y'all
Joined
25 June 2017
Messages
596
Reaction score
558
Basically a communist Los Angeles to replace their older junk
I don't see any connection to the 688 class. It was essentially an advanced Sierra, analogous to Malakhit's Project 885.
proposed to be turned into special purpose subs
I wouldn't go that far; Lazurit merely patented the idea. A lot of Russian designs are drawn up without necessarily the intention to build them.
 
I recall seeing some good pictures of the two Sierra 1s at the Zvezdochka repair yard, afaik there was a hull inspection and fuel removal but no further work was done due to cost. Their combat computers and navigation systems were to be modernized and modern weapons including Kalibr missiles were to be integrated. I think the same question is now being asked of the Sierra IIs.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top Bottom