Killswitch fighter concept

pedrospe

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
I saw yesterday this amazing concept by Tom Alfaro, which i just loved!! Tom Alfaro has some pretty cool and innovative projects, i just hope Tom doesn't get mad with me because i posted is work here, but all of us in this forum, love aircraft concepts, and Tom is really good at is work, it should be more known!!
this is the link, if anyone wants to see more: https://pan-spatial.com/projects/8lAKAQ

Tom Alfaro Killswitch concept

wEKJCCGl.jpg

Best regards

Does anyone know the rationalization re the VG wing? What would raising the forward part of the wing do?

Does anyone know the rationalization re the VG wing? What would raising the forward part of the wing do?
Just only learned about this concept today on the Grim Reapers sim channel. Very interesting ideas (w/o being totally outlandish).

Exposes a swept forward leading edge on the main wing and detaches into frontal canard that would act akin to the close coupled foreplane nature of the Saab Viggen, including major vortex lift action. Big increase in overall lift and agile manuever performance. Honestly the intake repositioning is what truly caught my eye. Bottom intake position along with manuevering wing configuration would guarantee ample directed feed to the intakes during high AoA. The high speed upper intake configuration, as long as it feeds smoothly over the fuselage, should be less draggy. There is alot of out of the box thinking (but would be a maintenance nightmare). Alot of good ideas. I think the engine bays splitting diagonally away downward from each other is a rough spot. Keeping them as "one piece" and attached to eachother would've been easier to engineer and justify, though perhaps harder for RCS reasons. The rotating tail to thrust vector paddle idea is very intereating but I think is totally unnecessary when you can rely on thrust vector yaw control. High speed flight actually justifies the tails for stability's sake if thrust vectoring isn't available for some reason.

I really like the weapons bay and adapted weapons shapes for it.