Is it real ??

Nik

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I came across a you-tube 'video brochure' for a 'smart' small-missile system. 7 ~ 10 cm diameter, I'd reckon.

Came in several flavours:
1) Air-dropped by the sheaf, used a drogue to slow, buried themselves to butt. Extended slim sensor mast. Upon deployment, telescoped body clear of ground, hinged towards target and engaged from close range. Soft and LAV kills, MBTs track-whacked...

2) Emplaced singly in eg soft-verge by 'civilian' vehicle using covert fence-hole auger, sensor mast identifies limo etc in mid-convoy, pop-up and engage from close range...

It was mostly CGI, so I engaged 'Due Care' mode...

Question: Is it real ? Or a CGI-only notion from a video-game ??

I came across a you-tube 'video brochure' for a 'smart' small-missile system. 7 ~ 10 cm diameter, I'd reckon.
Next time when creating a topic provide a link to source video (which itself has explanations what is it). After reading explanations, think once more if you need to create a new topic,

Apologies: By the time I'd stopped giggling, and begun to wonder what-if, I'd lost the link.

Thank you for confirming it is but a 'notion'.

On the solar-powered autonomous para delivered system:

1/ what happens if the parachute lands on the actual vehicle?

2/ how accurate would those rounds be without the use of a barrel to stabilise them when fired?

Regards
Pioneer

Question: Is it real ? Or a CGI-only notion from a video-game ??
Its a CGI-only concept. Not a real project; merely idea that author thought promising and advertised.

Not even sure if "promising" is the right word. Dahir Semenov has been posting weird and implausible concept designs like this for years now. I'm pretty sure he doesn't think most of these ideas can transition to operational use, but they do generate page views.

He's sort of "internet famous," enough so that a couple of years ago, people were writing articles about him.

how accurate would those rounds be without the use of a barrel to stabilise them when fired?
TOW-type missiles ?? System is pop-up 'Smart-Zooka'...
{ Sorry, fighting the giggles again... }