IMPORTANT: Post 'Like' button and "thanks" posts

overscan (PaulMM)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to trial using the Like button and choosing a reaction, Facebook style, as opposed to posts which are nothing more than "thanks for this interesting post". If you want to make a comment, please go ahead, but if all you want to do is show thanks, use the Like button. Note that negative reactions don't reduce the users 'score' at present, and I'm not sure how useful they will be in any case.

If you really want to 'rep' the user for their contributions, consider a profile post on their profile. Its public, and will be seen by anyone looking at the users' profile.

I would like to trial using the Like button and choosing a reaction, Facebook style, as opposed to posts which are nothing more than "thanks for this interesting post". If you want to make a comment, please go ahead, but if all you want to do is show thanks, use the Like button. Note that negative reactions don't reduce the users 'score' at present, and I'm not sure how useful they will be in any case.

If you really want to 'rep' the user for their contributions, consider a profile post on their profile. Its public, and will be seen by anyone looking at the users' profile.
Please try this out on GREAT posts around the forum, not here :)

Is it described somewhere how the reaction score is computed?

Its just the total number of reactions received. So every like, love, haha, wow, sad, angry someone has done to one of your posts. You can have negative reaction subtract from the overall score, I didn't enable this.

I took the "leaderboard" of reaction off the site, as I didn't find it very helpful. I believe hesham is in number one place.

That's right my dear Paul,

and I hope from who did this to reduce it,please.

For me at least, the two numbers are ever so slightly out of synch -- my reactions "total" is consistently 2 higher than my reaction "score." A couple of stealth negative reactions? :)