Help with language/symbols

CJGibson

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
The attached turned up in a mineral collection I bought. Don't know why it was in the collection (aside from being carved on a piece of mudstone) but I'm curious about what language it is (if any) and what it says. Google image search just turns up calligraphy and stele.

Since we have an international collection of over 10,000 intelligent people here, thought I'd see if anyone had a clue what this is.

If mods consider this an abuse of the site, feel free to delete this. first image is a rubbing of teh piece, second the piece itself. It is 20cm long. Knowing my luck I'll have snapped it upside down.

Thanks

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20200412_141722.jpg
    IMG_20200412_141722.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200412_141804.jpg
    IMG_20200412_141804.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 14
The attached turned up in a mineral collection I bought. Don't know why it was in the collection (aside from being carved on a piece of mudstone) but I'm curious about what language it is (if any) and what it says. Google image search just turns up calligraphy and stele.

Since we have an international collection of over 10,000 intelligent people here, thought I'd see if anyone had a clue what this is.

If mods consider this an abuse of the site, feel free to delete this. first image is a rubbing of teh piece, second the piece itself. It is 20cm long. Knowing my luck I'll have snapped it upside down.

Thanks

Chris
It is upside down.
Language is hindi.
Says :- Mahabharata

Thanks Minmachine. Mystery solved. If only the rest of the collection was so straightforward.

Chris