Heinkel He-419, an interpretation for a flying model ...

Tonton-42

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
I fell in ecstasy in front of the Heinkel He-219, but in front of its wing a little "young" to my taste I discovered on this site the He-419. A revelation ... Even if I significantly betrayed the original drawing to simplify the construction and guarantee a safe flight either in PSS, or with two brushless 3536 format, I think that with an ad hoc paint it should do it! As usual we will do without this heavy and cumbersome accessory that is the landing gear ... If there’s interest, I’ll publish the rest of the tracks. ;)

He-419.jpg

Schematically here is how I see the starting point of the project ... Simplified forms to the extreme and some arrangements that will only be barely noticeable in flight.
Nota bene : the engines I choosed are BMW 801 !

He-419_0001.jpg

He-419_0002.jpg

The slightly enlarged empennages are simple elements with a "plank" profile, a 5 mm light balsa for vertical stabilizers and a 10 mm Depron with leading edge and support spar of the elevators of the same metal as the vertical stabilizers ... That said, each one has its own method ... A crumpled structure would probably be lighter but longer to build ...

He-419_0007.jpg