FREE German-language aviation history books-looking for a good home

AeroFranz

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this (mods feel free to move)-
I was given a couple of boxes worth of German language aviation books. The owner was a Boeing aerodynamicist who passed away. He had good taste as far as i am concerned because the books are very nice, and well kept.
Short of learning German (which would be actually nice if I had time), i can't do anything with them, but the last thing I want to do is throw them away. I would like to find a good home for these books, and will give them away for free (minus shipping costs) to SPF members who contact me. feel free to PM me, and if you have questions i will gladly answer them I will also look into how much it costs to ship to Europe (I'm assuming that's where most of our German-speaking members are).
It kills me I can't read the Horten/Nurflugel one. I attached a picture of three books from Heinz Nowarra on the Luftwaffe, 1933-1945. I believe there are actually 6-7 volumes, I just didn't have time to dig them out.

Attachments

• books 1.jpg
    books 1.jpg
    788.4 KB · Views: 256
  • books 2.jpg
    books 2.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 237
  • books 3.jpg
    books 3.jpg
    927 KB · Views: 228
More pics

Attachments

• books 4.jpg
    books 4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 219
  • books 5.jpg
    books 5.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 205
  • books 6.jpg
    books 6.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
last batch
Yes, I know the book about the Frecce Tricolori is not in German!

Attachments

• Books 7.jpg
    Books 7.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • books 8.jpg
    books 8.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
AeroFranz said:
... I attached a picture of three books from Heinz Nowarra on the Luftwaffe, 1933-1945. I believe there are actually 6-7 volumes, I just didn't have time to dig them out.

BTW, actually there were 4 volumes.

Attachments

• NowarraDie-deutsche-Luftrüstung-1933-454-Bände-FlugmotorenBordwaffenAbwurfm.jpg
    NowarraDie-deutsche-Luftrüstung-1933-454-Bände-FlugmotorenBordwaffenAbwurfm.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 16
Good group of books,

I have some of them,specially Heinz Nowarra series.

QUOTE : """ It kills me I can't read the Horten/Nurflugel one."""

A great part of it is traducted in English ... :)

Horten Nurflügel is probably the best
book I ever obtained about the Horten brothers..
As mentioned before , text with the illustration translated in English..

As a German i could provide a home for the book in their natural habitat eh language area ;D

so pn send

Update - these have found a home:

10 Jahre Ju-Air
Messerschmitt Bolkow Blohm
Die Deutsche Luftrüng 1933-1945 (indeed these are 4 volumes)
Hundert Jahre Deutsche Luftfahrt
Profilpolaren für den Modellflug
Weltrekordflugzeuge
Die Deutschen Flugzeuge 1933-1945
Heinkel and seine Flugzeuge

I received additional requests and i'm going through them in the order i received them. Not all books have been requested so far.
Yeah, it's a nice group of books, the guy who owned them was an aerodynamicist at Boeing, a lifelong bachelor who spent all his salary on books. He wanted to build an aerospace library for the public, or so i'm told. I never saw the whole collection but there were things like every year of Jane's and all the issues of flying review, the Takeoff series, and Aviation historian. He sadly passed away shortly before retirement. That's why i would like these books to go to people who will appreciate them. The vast majority of his books went to the AF academy. Supposedly it took a large U-haul to get them there.

Sundog,
sadly no. I have a feeling that all the engineering books went to the AF academy. I would have been curious to see what was in the lot, i'm sure all the classics must have been there.

- Update -

as of today these titles have also been requested and shipment paid for:

Dornier Do-X
Dornier / Chronik des Flugzeugwerks
Horten Nurflügel 1933-1960
Heinkel He-162
Focke Wulf Fw190 / Ta152
Focke Wulf Fw200 Condor
Messerschmitt Geheimprojekte
Bücker-Flugzeuge
10 Jahre Ju-Air
Messerschmitt Bolkow Blohm
Die Deutsche Luftrüng 1933-1945
Hundert Jahre Deutsche Luftfahrt
Profilpolaren für den Modellflug
Weltrekordflugzeuge
Die Deutschen Flugzeuge 1933-1945
Heinkel and seine Flugzeuge

On Monday i will find out shipment cost for those outside the US who requested titles. Shipping media mail within the US is simpler because the cost is only based on weight, not distance.
Scott, if there are unclaimed books i'd be more than glad to let you have them.