Forum migration completed - please bear with me through any initial glitches

Transfer is completed. Please bear with me while I fix up any glitches and perform some server optimisations.

So far, the only glitch is related to timezones - the time is not displaying correctly in my local time zone. This is controlled by the server timezone (which has changed to US PST) and the time offset in your forum profile. Under Look and Layout there's an "auto" button to calculate the offset required.

Appears to be working OK Paul, users will need to reset their timezone on their profiles to tie to the new servers timezone

Spell Check seems to be missing from the post section.

This is normally not a problem, but my browser's built-in spell check does not work on this forum (the red-squiggles are there but nothing appears on a right-click).

Spellcheck function on forum fixed

SpudmanWP said:
Spell Check seems to be missing from the post section.

This is normally not a problem, but my browser's built-in spell check does not work on this forum (the red-squiggles are there but nothing appears on a right-click).

This is now fixed - the spellcheck module was not installed on the new server.

Minor tweaks to forum to improve speed

Have made some minor tweaks which should improve forum speed. Feedback welcome. Please note, there is a short period of a minute or two per day when the database backup runs which stops the site responding briefly. Anyone who can tell me when that is? I know, just wondering if its ever caught you out :)

Re: Minor tweaks to forum to improve speed

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
Have made some minor tweaks which should improve forum speed. Feedback welcome. Please note, there is a short period of a minute or two per day when the database backup runs which stops the site responding briefly. Anyone who can tell me when that is? I know, just wondering if its ever caught you out :)

It has already. Will try and remember to note it for you next time.

By the way, it's great to see I wasn't the only one to notice the considerably longer response of the new forum server. Glad you addressed the problem, and let's hope for the best.

Re: Minor tweaks to forum to improve speed

PaulMM (Overscan) said:

I believe it has caught me trying to logout. Which reminds me to ask, is there someway to specify the default session length other than forever? I'd prefer it to be the shortest, not longest length for several reasons including the logout issue mentioned above.