Focke-Wulf "1000x1000x1000"

Jemiba said:
gery said:
i think that a double seats version is possible.....i will make it... ;)

Perhaps you should think about side-by-side seating then, as in most (planned) twin seat versions
of the Ar 234 ?

Can this topic be appropriately titled as "Focke-Wulf..."?

Perhaps all the work in this thread is accurate, but I tend to doubt an artist's capacity to follow plans and specs accurately if they can't even spell the company's name properly...

Jemiba said:
... perhaps you should consider
moving the antennas to the wing leading edges, as was done with the FuG 216 antennas in the Fw 190 ?
(photo via http://www.oncamouflagedwings.org/saw/sanmmh14.jpg )
If not for the other reasons, then because I'd imagine you wouldn't want them right out in front of the intakes either.

But it certainly looks neat.

Gery great work in this two-seat version. Do you have to change the dimensions?

gery said:
First flight test....

Obviously succesful, but apart from the already discussed not very probable use of the "Hirschgeweih"
antenna, in-service use probably would have revealed similar problems with the fully glazed nose, than
encountered with other types, that originally had such a cockpit: Glare from ground searchlights and
from muzzle flashes. I remember having seen photos of, I think Ju 188, modified with fixed weapons in the
still glazed nose, but with the glas panels painted over.

I also wonder if the canopy framing would require 'beefing up' in similar fashion to the F-84 and some Gloster Meteors which, i understand, experienced cases of canopies disintegrating?

Thanks jemiba, but i like this "Hirschgeweih" antenna design.... ;) :D

Sorry gtx, Only "german" building spirit.....

ALcides, some biggers shoots in the futur.... ;)

GTX said:
Looks great. One minor nitpick though: surely something as advanced as this would utilise something akin to the FuG 240 "Berlin" radar by the time it entered service

Not only do I agree with this statement, but I also think that the way you've connected the antenna to the structure is not very realistic.

Indeed, the rod goes through the main girder of the glazed cockpit and leaves practically no space around it! This would no doubt considerably weaken the canopy with major risk of the girder splitting under higher pressure. Just my opinion, but think of it.

Attachments

• weak.jpg
    weak.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 198
Good effort on the 'imagineering' Gery,
but would any Jagd-flieger like to pipe up with a comment regarding those massive canopy girders spoiling the combat view, it seems more like `39 Bf 109E, - than blown one-piece `45 Ta 152 canopy spec..

Sorry for being a spoilsport once again, but isn't the exact designation of this project "1000 x 1000 x 1000 B"?

(never knew what the "A" variant, if any, was like, though)

Stargaser,

"Sorry for being a spoilsport once again, but isn't the exact designation of this project "1000 x 1000 x 1000 B"?"

i think That "1000 x 1000 x 1000 G" (G aka Gery) is better...... ;D ;D

Very nice renders Gery. Great work. I've to say from the last ones artistically I prefer the first one the FW against dawn but the last one show better the aircraft shape.