Flugmaschine REX GmbH Airplanes

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

the Flugmaschine REX GmbH company was a mystery in its products,it began the
fighter series with D6,followed by D7,also there was one scout airplane,and also a
biplane seaplane of 1917,no more airplanes are known for it ?.

The Complete Book of Fighters

http://www.luftfahrtarchiv-koeln.de/REX-Flugmaschinen.htm

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.png
    2.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 3.png
    3.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 4.png
    4.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 155
Three (or four???) types were built by the small Flugmaschine Rex GmbH, the designations of which are uncertain or unknown. And no more than one of each was built.

1. 1915 single seater biplane with RAW engine and with the underwing underneath the fuselage.

2. 1916 single seater fighter biplane with Oberursel U0, called D6 by Green/Swanborough.

3. 1917 single seater fighter biplane with Rex engine, 100 hp, sometimes called D17 (as on the fuselage), or D7 by Green/Swanboreough. The Rex engine, as were also the three Rex aircraft, was designed by Friedrich Hansen.

4. And a possible fourth type is unclear. It is the so-called Ursinus floatplane with retractable floats. Was it built by Rex? Or by Gotha? Or by LTG? See or discussion of September 1, 2014 in German WW I Fighters and Recce Aircraft Prototypes and Projects.

Thank you my dear Tuizentfloot,

and that means Friedrich Hansen has anther series of airplanes.

The three Rex biplanes were indeed designed by Friedrich Hansen, who apparently had already built airplanes and rotary engines in Switzerland before (see http://www.luftfahrtarchiv-koeln.de/REX-Flugmaschinen.htm).

Unfortunately the early Swiss aviation history is an almost unknown world to me...

From, German Aircraft of Minor Manufacturers in WWI Vol.2

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    393.6 KB · Views: 30