Covid-19 Vaccine - Where, How & Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my third Pfizer shot two hours ago. Haven't turned into a zombie yet...
Drink plenty (water... ;) ) and paracetomol if needed. If you're like me, you may get a bit of a head ache from it.

My wife is down for the count, she has spent a pretty horrible night. No headache, just K.O. Paracetamol under way to help her.
Me ? nothing. Just a little aching in the arm otherwise feel fine.
I had a nice brain for lunch, with some fava beans and a nice chianti hmmm.

When you read this you realise he’s nothing more than a grifter exploiting his name to enrich himself at others expense in both senses of the word.

When you read this you realise he’s nothing more than a grifter exploiting his name to enrich himself at others expense in both senses of the word.

Please, no politics.

Please, no politics.
Don’t be ridiculous how’s saying someone is a grifter politics?

Please, no politics.
Don’t be ridiculous how’s saying someone is a grifter politics?

He would be a nobody if he wasn't part of "America's most famous political dynasty." The admiration many feel for the Kennedy family, including myself, is the problem here. President Kennedy and his brother Robert, who ran for President but was killed, gives Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. a unique background that cannot be ignored.

More details:

Booster done. Incredibly well organized- walked in, vaxxed, 15 min wait and home. Cheers to all the Whanau Ora people working on a holiday who made it easy.

Same here in France. Back in June and July had to go to one giganormous "vaccine centers" to get two jabs of Pfitzer. This time: went to my nearby drugstore and it was done deal (Pfitzer, take three) in less than five minutes.

Remember, the vaccine is not a "magic shield" preventing contamination. The basic deal is "you can still catch Omicron" but a) it should not kill you and b) you will not overload ICUs or hospitals... unfortunately most people believe that the vaccine prevents contamination.

Hell, no: even with three shots and previous COVIDs in, say, May 2020 and January 2021, you can still catch it a third time...

And there one can understand why some people (I mean sane people absolutely not antivaxx in their right mind) are starting to get a little fed up, imagine one people saying
- "I caught COVID once, in 2020
- "I caught COVID a second time, early 2021
-" I got three shots of vaccine, but each one made me sick as hell

End of the day: some people have felt bad FIVE times. No surprise they are a little baffled. Even more if they catch COVID thereafter: SIXTH time is not the charm, for sure.

It is a bit like Monty Pythons "Swamp castle" - sinking in the swamp, rebuilt, burning, rebuilt, burning then sinking in the swamp - rebuilt, rinse, repeat.

Thankfully the citizens of America have firmly stood their ground and are now able to enjoy the freedom that comes with standing their ground. No more forced initial shots, boosters, vaccine requirements, or unnecessary passports for us.

Except for the 800 000 people that died, unfortunately (sorry, couldn't resist...!)

Where DO you get your news? Time to evaluate your sources.

I notice you fail to mention any sources. Don't be shy...
Nature? New Scientist? Facebook!

Last edited:
I do blame the media for publishing conflicting information and looking for deaths from anything, anywhere, including the virus, and making sure that people get their "well, you didn't do it but DEATHS are up in India" or wherever.

Profiteering? Sure. Why not? It happened during the Second World War.

Leaders/politicians just get up one day, and say, "I know. I'll just tell the population to do XYZ because I want to abuse my power."?

There should be a global Command Center for Virus Outbreaks and a Data Resolution Center from every country that feeds in data and documents errors that are then fixed. Then, scientists - I mean, politicians do not make vaccines or know as much about viruses - should be the ones that confirm information, directly to the public, or stop the spread of false information, with factual information.

"The world has been conditioned..."?

All those protestors in all those countries? Truck drivers in Canada or at the U.S./Canada border?

I know how easy it is to to write 'everyone' or 'the world' but it's just not the case. Some people have chosen not to get a vaccine for what they believe are good reasons.

On trust in health strategies and effect:
Measures of trust in the government and interpersonal trust, as well as less government corruption, had larger, statistically significant associations with lower standardised infection rates. High levels of government and interpersonal trust, as well as less government corruption, were also associated with higher COVID-19 vaccine coverage among middle-income and high-income countries where vaccine availability was more widespread, and lower corruption was associated with greater reductions in mobility. If these modelled associations were to be causal, an increase in trust of governments such that all countries had societies that attained at least the amount of trust in government or interpersonal trust measured in Denmark, which is in the 75th percentile across these spectrums, might have reduced global infections by 12·9% (5·7–17·8) for government trust and 40·3% (24·3–51·4) for interpersonal trust. Similarly, if all countries had a national BMI equal to or less than that of the 25th percentile, our analysis suggests global standardised IFR would be reduced by 11·1%.
[...]
Efforts to improve pandemic preparedness and response for the next pandemic might benefit from greater investment in risk communication and community engagement strategies to boost the confidence that individuals have in public health guidance. Our results suggest that increasing health promotion for key modifiable risks is associated with a reduction of fatalities in such a scenario.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(22)00172-6/fulltext

The Lancet is a publication held in high regard in medical circles. To some, that might lead to it being branded part of 'MSM'.

Last edited:
The study model used in the human challenge trails conducted in the UK last year has shown to be safe. Also the initial scientific results from the trial have been released though they are not peer-reviewed. Now the model has shown to be safe further trials should be conducted this year subject to regulatory and ethical approval.

Booster done. Incredibly well organized- walked in, vaxxed, 15 min wait and home. Cheers to all the Whanau Ora people working on a holiday who made it easy.

-" I got three shots of vaccine, but each one made me sick as hell

How many of those are getting 'sick as hell' because they think they will get 'sick as hell'

That would be the nocebo-effect.
To be fair, some people suffer from non-psychosomatical symptoms after jabs. Some quite severely so.

Exactly, I was quite surprised by how high the estimate was and it reminded me of the aftermath of Chernobyl where people looked to be literally worrying themselves to death.

The risk of death involving Covid-19 is 93% lower for people who have had a booster or third dose of vaccine compared with unvaccinated people, new research suggests.
Mortality rates for coronavirus deaths were found to be “consistently lower” across all age groups for those who had received an extra dose compared with those who had received no doses, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
The research used age-standardised mortality rates, which take into account differences in age structure and population size, to allow for comparisons between vaccination groups.

Definitely worth reading the whole article as it’s quite a in-depth set of stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.