Chinese projects wanted

Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I search for pics, drawing or artist impressions from the CHRDI Z.7 helicopter project and the Shenyang JH.8...

Thanks Maveric

I am not sure which Shenyang JH 8 you want, as I though they were fairly easy to find. I attach two 3-views, the one is from Jane's, the other was from the internet but I do not know which site.

Attachments

• shenyang-j-8-1969-china.gif
    shenyang-j-8-1969-china.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 167
Shenyang JH 8 II

Attachments

• Shenyang J-8 II.gif
    Shenyang J-8 II.gif
    30.6 KB · Views: 169
Are the J-8 & JH -8 the same a/c?

foiling said:
I am not sure which Shenyang JH 8 you want, as I though they were fairly easy to find. I attach two 3-views, the one is from Jane's, the other was from the internet but I do not know which site.

I thought that the Shenyang JH.8 was a fighter/bomber project and the J.8 an interceptor fighter.

Regards Bailey.

That would be my thought based on the designations.

Bailey said:
I thought that the Shenyang JH.8 was a fighter/bomber project and the J.8 an interceptor fighter.

Regards Bailey.

The JH.8 based on the J.8 ( J = Jiangjiji = Fighter / JH = Jiangjiji Hongzhaji = Fighter bomber).
There must be a three-view drawing published in the western press.

Guys, according to Gordon & Komissarov: "Chinese Aircraft. China's aviation industry since 1951" (2008) the Shenyang J-8 was a long-range interceptor and the prototype first flew on 5th July 1969. The J-8 I (or J-8A) all-weather interceptor was a significant upgrade on the former, the first prototype was destroyed (25th June 1980) & the 2nd flew on 24th April 1981. The Shenyang JH-8 was a fighter-bomber project initiated ca 1975 and intended to replace the Nanchang Q-5. Shenyang proposed the 'JH-8' (Jiangjiji Hongzhaji meaning fighter bomber), based on the J-8 but with a significantly different airframe. A 3-view in the western press showed an aircraft very similar to the Sukhoi T-58Sh strike aircraft project. The project was cancelled in 1978, but served as the basis for the J-8 II fighter which first flew on 12th June 1984. :-[

Maveric said:
Hi all,

I search for pics, drawing or artist impressions from the CHRDI Z.7 helicopter project and the Shenyang JH.8...

Thanks Maveric

Upppss ... I just found that tread only this minute !

Here's what I have for the Z-7 ....

Attachments

• Z-7 wind tunnel 2.jpg
    Z-7 wind tunnel 2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Z-7 wind tunnel 1.jpg
    Z-7 wind tunnel 1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Z-7 CG 1.jpg
    Z-7 CG 1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Z-7 3-Seiten.jpg
    Z-7 3-Seiten.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Z-7 1.jpg
    Z-7 1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Z-7 CG nice.jpg
    Z-7 CG nice.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 127

In regard to the JH-8 which ws actually not called that way - as I just learned a few weeks ago - was originally an enlarged J-8-design with tandem-wundercarriage similar to the Yak-2x-fighters and planned as a H-5-successor. It was cancelled and reportedly formed with its radar-nose the basis of the later J-8II.

As far as I learned right now, it was never a real competitor to the later JH-7 ....

A friend of mine will prepare some artwork for "something I'm working on right new". ;)

Cheers, Deino

Attachments

• Z-7 under construction 6.jpg
    Z-7 under construction 6.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Z-7 under construction 5.jpg
    Z-7 under construction 5.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 27
  • Z-7 under construction 4.jpg
    Z-7 under construction 4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Z-7 under construction 3.jpg