BTMP-84, BMT-72

shin_getter

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Don't see a thread on this interesting project: MBTs elonged to fit a passenger cabin to finally end the the MBT <-> IFV <-> APC drama~

btmp-rightl.jpg

*I can't believe I have to link chinese content farm websites for some info~

Good idea? Dumb idea? Stuff 4 drone operators in this thing?

I think the BTMP-84 has more going for it because it is front engined and the dismounts have a rear compartment with an entry/exit hatch.

I think the BTMP-84 has more going for it because it is front engined and the dismounts have a rear compartment with an entry/exit hatch.
Agreed, any successful TankPC needs the engine out of the way of the grunts. So either forward behind the glacis like Merkava or in the side sponsons like the FCS series. Engines in side sponsons makes the vehicle tall, but you're carrying troops so it's going to be tall anyways.

Good idea? Dumb idea? Stuff 4 drone operators in this thing?
The Israelis have gotten some use out of troops or casualties in the back of a Merkava. IIRC it's usually for recovering the crew of a totalled vehicle while under fire.

But any useful APC needs to be big enough to carry an entire squad. The Bradley is the argument FOR having one entire squad per vehicle, the new Mech Platoon is using 6x Bradleys to haul the infantry platoon around, one fireteam per Bradley. (Old Mech Platoon was 4x Bradleys and some fireteams split across vehicles, which is about as big a fustercluck as you can imagine.)

Does anyone have a cutaway of the BTMP-84 showing the crew positions, engine, and ammunition storage?

Back
Top Bottom