Boeing 2707 (again)

tlear0412

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Hello all. I was admiring Galgot's work on these forums. I wanted to post some of my own work here but first wanted to see if Galgot had more of his renderings to show. Sadly not.

I did and 2707 SST as a project about ten years ago, then did some texture revises maybe 3 years after that. Also did some animations (not very good ones):

Taking off

PAA Flying through thunderstorm

And stills (first time posting here, let's see how well these upload):

FB01.jpg

FB02.jpg

FB03.jpg

FB05.jpg

FB06.jpg

FB07.jpg

FB08.jpg

FB09.jpg

FB10.jpg

FB11.jpg

FB12.jpg

FB13.jpg

FB14.jpg

FB15.jpg

FB16.jpg

No doubt some technical errors in these, it seems Galgot did better in-depth research than I did.

Hi tlear0412 ,
Beautiful ! Just beautiful! I fact I remember seeing the fourth image at very small format online somewhere.
Love the animations as well. The cockpit is impressive .

I did send you a PM as a response for you request on the other thread. Hope to be able to show more soon, and hope you understand.

Edit: And the Qantas livery is very nice, must note that.

Last edited:
Those images are brilliant, it makes my day to see images like these, my line is armoured vehicles which I am a bit behind on but love aircraft. Bloody well done, Sir.

Very impressive :)
The detail in the textures make it really stand out :)
Beautiful lighting, well done :)

As a major Boeing SST fan this artwork is so beautiful I cannot say more. Any chsnce of a BOAC or Lufthansa one?

A brilliant introduction Sir! Welcome to our Home for Incurable Vehicle Fanatics. I to am completely envious of your talents.

Incredible! You breathed a little life into wonderful design. Really enjoyed the cockpit images! I haven't seen any life-like renditions of the front office of the 2707 before. Great Job!

You may find these reference images for Air France, Alitalia and Iberia helpful

Attachments

• 75fb31c0f099f71dedb454b3297a9dc6~2.jpg
    75fb31c0f099f71dedb454b3297a9dc6~2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 157
  • EU_6qiiX0AM9KRG~2.jpg
    EU_6qiiX0AM9KRG~2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 167
  • EU_6qiiX0AM9KRG~3.jpg
    EU_6qiiX0AM9KRG~3.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 178
Hello,
I did the Air France 2707-300 drawing profile for le Fana a few months ago. I put here a high resolution rendering. I add also the 2707-200 Northwest Airlines profile that I did for the previous Fana issue (the SST article was treated in 2 issues).

I chose to depict the old Air France scheme colors because it was contemporary of the SST project (Air France modern scheme would not have meant very much). The editor asked me also to deliver an American company profile. Originally, I chose to draw the Continental Airlines one because it was better visually with warm colors in orange and red, but finally I chose to draw the Northwest Airlines profile at the very end, because it was simpler to draw and therefore easier to deliver on time. Of course, all those airlines profiles were "genuine" in the sense that these companies considered acquiring 2707 aircrafts for real.
I enclosed also the original illustrations I used for my inspiration.

Definitely, the artwork made by Tom and Gael on the 2707 are the best artwork I ever seen. Guys, I think you should issue a book with your illustrations. I mean it. It would be a nice and cool literature. When I see your work, I feel like a dummy illustrator :(

Regards
Alain

Attachments

• Boeing 2707-200 Profil Northwest Airlines.jpg
    Boeing 2707-200 Profil Northwest Airlines.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Boeing 2707-300 Profil Air France.jpg
    Boeing 2707-300 Profil Air France.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 132
  • S-2274.jpg
    S-2274.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 130
  • S-2284.jpg
    S-2284.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 62a3e9287732657dc739c1790b97a03d--air-france-blackbird.jpg
    62a3e9287732657dc739c1790b97a03d--air-france-blackbird.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Over a number of years I have had made for me in the Philippines wooden models of the Boeing 2707-100 in the liveries of 1960s optionholders. The models imitate the style of Pacific Miniatures models given to airlines at the time by Boeing.
Had it entered service, the Boeing SST would have been given much simpler schemes like the BA and Air France Concordes.

Attachments

• b2707b.JPG
    b2707b.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 120
  • sst~2.JPG
    sst~2.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 111
  • b2707 el al.JPG
    b2707 el al.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 114
  • b2707.JPG
    b2707.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 105
  • b2707 sst.JPG
    b2707 sst.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 124
Hello,
I did the Air France 2707-300 drawing profile for le Fana a few months ago. I put here a high resolution rendering. I add also the 2707-200 Northwest Airlines profile that I did for the previous Fana issue (the SST article was treated in 2 issues).

I chose to depict the old Air France scheme colors because it was contemporary of the SST project (Air France modern scheme would not have meant very much). The editor asked me also to deliver an American company profile. Originally, I chose to draw the Continental Airlines one because it was better visually with warm colors in orange and red, but finally I chose to draw the Northwest Airlines profile at the very end, because it was simpler to draw and therefore easier to deliver on time. Of course, all those airlines profiles were "genuine" in the sense that these companies considered acquiring 2707 aircrafts for real.

Definitely, the artwork made by Tom and Gael on the 2707 are the best artwork I ever seen. Guys, I think you should issue a book with your illustrations. I mean it. It would be a nice and cool literature. When I see your work, I feel like a dummy illustrator :(

Regards
Alain

Such classy words ! My respect...

Hello,

Regards
Alain
Love your art - very "period" in feel and wo.puld be hard put not to think they were created back in the '60s with the program. Thanks for sharing it!

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Last edited:
The earliest version of the Boeing SST was the 733, which had a B1 bomber style. I have some in various early 60s airline schemes. This sort of model would have been a Boeing giveaway item to the airlines

Attachments

• unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 131
  • b733.JPG
    b733.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 129
  • b733_b.JPG
    b733_b.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 115
  • b733 (1).JPG
    b733 (1).JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Braniff 733.JPG
    Braniff 733.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 124
I think I would sacrifice my left kidney for someone to put the 2707-200 in a flight sim like P3d, Xplane-11, or Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Seriously I would pay top dollar.

Hello Gents,
I used to live right down the street where the mockup of this aircraft was housed. It was in Kissimmee Florida at a Museum called the SST Air Museum.

It was located at the Florida Turnpike exit that exited off at US-192 (can't remember the #) 152?

I had the privilege of actually walking inside, and seeing it up close when I was a teenager. It was cut off where the right wing joined the fuselage, and was set up against the side wall of the steel building it was in. I remember touching the mockup smooth fiberglass molded tires that were as tall as I was. If I remember right the gear actually cycled up and down at the curators command.

The only other aircraft that I remember at the museum was the infamous Convair "Sea" dart jet float plane. (I love the 50's aircraft visionaries)

There also was a model aircraft club in a field next to the museum, which I promptly joined as a lad, and the hobby has been a part of my life ever since.

Enjoy the pics

Attachments

• SST 1.jpg
    SST 1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 107
  • SST 2.jpg
    SST 2.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 120
Hello Gents,
I used to live right down the street where the mockup of this aircraft was housed. It was in Kissimmee Florida at a Museum called the SST Air Museum.

It was located at the Florida Turnpike exit that exited off at US-192 (can't remember the #) 152?

I had the privilege of actually walking inside, and seeing it up close when I was a teenager. It was cut off where the right wing joined the fuselage, and was set up against the side wall of the steel building it was in. I remember touching the mockup smooth fiberglass molded tires that were as tall as I was. If I remember right the gear actually cycled up and down at the curators command.

The only other aircraft that I remember at the museum was the infamous Convair "Sea" dart jet float plane. (I love the 50's aircraft visionaries)

There also was a model aircraft club in a field next to the museum, which I promptly joined as a lad, and the hobby has been a part of my life ever since.

Enjoy the pics
Thats so cool! Did you get a chance to see the cockpit? What was it like?

Hello Gents,

Enjoy the pics
Thats so cool! Did you get a chance to see the cockpit? What was it like?
No, I do not remember seeing the cockpit up close. If I remember right it had pane of plexiglass as the cockpit door, and I did not get close enough to see in. I do remember walking the narrow isle then walking to the exit door. The seats were what I remember of the era, as I flew much, because my Father worked for Eastern Airlines for 35 years. He ended up at M'coy AFB, which is what Orlando international airport was named when it was military. My farther was a head line mechanic, and went to Eastern right out of the AF, and worked on piston bangers WAY before jets even were available for the airlines. Convair's Connies's etc.

Here are some interesting links to enjoy if you comb through it you will find a lot of awesome information about this historic aircraft. One thing I found was the mockup was actually constructed out of metal, and cost 11 MILLOIN dollars. Now, translate that to 1963 dollars?

Do the math...

$1,000,000 in 1963 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $8,512,222.22 today, an increase of $7,512,222.22 over 58 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 3.76% per year between 1963 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 751.22%.

Here is a link with a story as to what happened to the mockup, here is a quote:

"The full-scale, $11 million mock-up of The Boeing Co’s supersonic transport has had a vagabond existence since it was sold to a Nebraska millionaire and transported in seven railroad cars from Seattle to Florida after Congress killed the SST project in 1971."

Enjoy!!!
Cheers Ted

I'm confused, is there a download for this model?
I see no mention of it anywhere but it looks like people are getting it somwhere...

I'm confused, is there a download for this model?
I see no mention of it anywhere but it looks like people are getting it somwhere...
No, but several people are building models for rendering. Galgot's renders will be featured in a book.

Hello all. I was admiring Galgot's work on these forums. I wanted to post some of my own work here but first wanted to see if Galgot had more of his renderings to show. Sadly not.

I did and 2707 SST as a project about ten years ago, then did some texture revises maybe 3 years after that. Also did some animations (not very good ones):

Taking off

PAA Flying through thunderstorm

And stills (first time posting here, let's see how well these upload):

View attachment 641960

View attachment 641961

View attachment 641962

View attachment 641963

View attachment 641964

View attachment 641965

View attachment 641966

View attachment 641967

View attachment 641968

View attachment 641969

View attachment 641970

View attachment 641971

View attachment 641972

View attachment 641973

View attachment 641974

No doubt some technical errors in these, it seems Galgot did better in-depth research than I did.
My friend that is some serious detailing and professional work. I know what it takes in time to paint texture maps with that kind of accuracy. Kudo's, I don't love any one design enough to keep the focus like this. What software for modeling and composite? (just curious)