Army Wants 'Air Droppable' Light Tank & Ultra-Light Vehicles

The only use that going to be is in use as a brhind the lines gofor.

You know exactly like how the Jeeps and Humvee was.

And those...

Eyeah cant even write it, we all know those two histories.

So long as they got a fucking armor kit ready for install it should be fine.

That isn't a CUCV.
please inform me of the difference between a chevy pickup & a chevy pickup.
Pretty sure what was witnessed was M880 or M882 (Dodge) both 4x4.

Last edited:
please inform me of the difference between a chevy pickup & a chevy pickup.
Pretty sure what was witnessed was M880 or M882 (Dodge) both 4x4.
Bout 40 years of advancement. The Dodge came out in the 1970s, this thing from the 2020s.

The UFV has over 275 horsepower.

The M880? 150 horsepower.

Hell the Humvee had at max 195 with turbo. And trust me, we had trust issues going up steep hills with thd radar in those things.

Also have better tires that are actually design for off road use and transmission with a lighter weight.

Shit has advanced alot in four decades old man.

Bout 40 years of advancement. The Dodge came out in the 1970s, this thing from the 2020s.

The UFV has over 275 horsepower.

The M880? 150 horsepower.

Hell the Humvee had at max 195 with turbo. And trust me, we had trust issues going up steep hills with thd radar in those things.

Also have better tires that are actually design for off road use and transmission with a lighter weight.

Shit has advanced alot in four decades old man.
point is wheels slip more horsepower more spin & slip. A these 4x4s claiming All terrain is BS. Heck even an ATV is not an ATV.

wet wheels and w/o sufficient weight and ur stuck. fancy tread gets us just so far, and the fancier the tread the sooner it wears out.

PS: and as u know age & guile always beats youth & skill. :)

Last edited:
Mount the wrong tyres on a 4WD, even one with locking differential and low gearing - it will just get stuck in places where your regular recovery can't reach you.
Which kind of tyres were on that Dodge?

point is wheels slip more horsepower more spin & slip. A these 4x4s claiming All terrain is BS. Heck even an ATV is not an ATV.

wet wheels and w/o sufficient weight and ur stuck. fancy tread gets us just so far, and the fancier the tread the sooner it wears out.

PS: and as u know age & guile always beats youth & skill. :)
And it you dont know how to drive you can get anything stuck.

As seen in... well every battle since the First World War.

And again, Hummvees literally been know to stall out due lack of power before they slap a few tons of armor on it. Without sufficient power to move the weight you going not going to move at all but break all the stuff.

And those fancy treads actually last far longer then the old ones on the M880.

Which was basically road tires, like heck my personal truck, which is a Chevy Silverado, has more tread then those and never had any issues with traction if ice not involved. And Im constantly off road.

Age doesn't matter if you don’t know what you doing.

As the recent front shows if ur on the road ur land mined, if your close to the road ur land mined. Light forces need a means to infiltrate & avoid mines w/ well pwrd fully amphibious, 6x6 at a minimum. All other discussion seems superfluous.

I think the squad vehicle is intended for light units that otherwise would be walking rather than driving. If nothing else, it is probably good for ammo hauling and casualty evacuation in situations where no other vehicle is available.

Contrary to what the article would have you believe, GM’s “squad vehicle” is not based on in-production parts. Nope, this thing is based on an out-of-production platform with an out-of-production engine and transmission. The platform was designed with Isuzu primarily for Thailand and North America as a secondary consideration. That partnership ended and GM left Thailand in 2020. The diesel engine was discontinued for North America circa 2022 and I cannot think of a current application for the 6L50 transmission aside from maybe the Mahindra Roxor and that might not be current anymore. That’s not to suggest that GM can’t build these things for the military if you throw a big enough pile of money at them. Sure they could. Just don’t pretend that it’s totally “off the shelf,” unless the shelves are in a very dusty warehouse.

Last edited:
Mount the wrong tyres on a 4WD, even one with locking differential and low gearing - it will just get stuck in places where your regular recovery can't reach you.
Which kind of tyres were on that Dodge?
The old CUCVs? road tires, usually. Not even the off-road tires they had available in the 80s and 90s.