Anyone have a photo of the German “Pandora Gun” used in Warsaw Uprising?

And what was the "Pandora Gun"? Wouldn't you like to give some more details?
Germans did use a couple of rare/experimantal/interesting weapons during the Warsaw Uprising, including the Taifun Geraet, 38 cm Sturmmoerser Tiger, Karl mortar, 35 cm demolition rockets... But a Pandora gun?!

EDIT
O, I see, it's this mysterious coal dust gun allegedly used by the SS during both Warsaw Ghetto and Warsaw Uprisings in 1943 and 1944 respectively, Rob Arndt read about (and saw a picture) many years ago in one of his 2000 books he has been collecting since 1976, sadly he cannot remember, in which one... According to the book (or rather to Mr. Arndt ;) ), it was a converted light field gun with shortened barrel and crown-like shield, firing shells filled with coal dust, exploding immediately after leaving the barrel (hence the barrel had to be shorter)... :D o_O:eek::rolleyes:
Be serious, please.

Last edited:
yeah I heard the pandora stuff from his thread btw.. but how about the ''Tornado Bomb''? the liquid air bomb that they tested. Any photo of it? I heard of the Taifun B System

I don't think there are any photos of these wonder weapons based on liquid air or heavy air, with blast of a 50 kg bomb covering area of 57 square kilometers and inflicting severe damage over 450 square kilometers... Even if they really existed. :)
But I think I've seen a photo of the Taifun in use, nothing special, just a number of compressed gas bottles in a cramped cellar or a tunnel...

They can be loaded in stuka zu fuss rocket halftracks right? 5 rockets is set to disperse the vapour in the target area whilst the sixth rocket is set to explode as to detonate the whole package. Creating a thermobaric explosion.

They can be loaded in stuka zu fuss rocket halftracks right? 5 rockets is set to disperse the vapour in the target area whilst the sixth rocket is set to explode as to detonate the whole package. Creating a thermobaric explosion.
Just any proof, something like this ever existed? And what the "liquid air" actually is? :)

35 cm demolition rockets used in Warsaw? I am interested! Is there a photo of it?
Probably not. Reports of their use are pretty detailed (they were launched both at the insurgents and across the Vistula river at the approaching 1st Polish Army, e.g. in the Skaryszewski Park area), but no combat or testing photos surfaced so far.

Last edited:

Taifun B operational use

This interview is sadly not too convincing...
Generally, the Taifun was just a mixture of 80% carbon monoxide and 20% ethylene used by combat engineer units, which was fed from bottles into closed spaces (tunnels, cellars, sewer system) through holes in walls and simply ignited with a common spark plug inserted on a long rod.

Generally, the Taifun was just a mixture of 80% carbon monoxide and 20% ethylene used by combat engineer units, which was fed from bottles into closed spaces (tunnels, cellars, sewer system) through holes in walls and simply ignited with a common spark plug inserted on a long rod.
It’s an interview with a German soldier who fought on D-Day :/

The book the interview is from has had doubts cast on its authenticity. Check the Amazon reviews.

Last edited:
Yep, the book is said to be completely fictional, but already this phrase should immediately raise severe doubts in the reliability of "K.L. Bergmann"'s story:
We planned to launch the canisters from a range of about five kilometres, which would mean that we would have to be in shelters to avoid being injured by the blast wave ourselves.
... as the Stuka zu Fuss range was just around 2000 m.
Then, even if we imagine, they used some rockets capable of reaching 5000 m distance, dispersion of Nebelwerfer rockets at 5000 m was so big, that it could be simply impossible to obtain a single explosive cloud with 5 rockets and to ignite it with the 6th rocket.