An unusual Honest John Rocket variant.

klem

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
An unusual variant of Honest John Rocket that i have never see before. This version stands out from the standard configuration of the Honest. Other explanations about this

Attachments

• HJR.png
    HJR.png
    307.7 KB · Views: 110
In February 1980, Sandia tested a multi-fuze configuration on an Honest John rocket at Tonopah Test Range, Nevada. At the time, the Army's Harry Diamond Laboratories was developing a fuzing system for what became the M270 MLRS, and the hydra-headed nosetip developed by Sandia made it possible to test five separate fuzes on a single rocket.

An unusual variant of Honest John Rocket that i have never see before. This version stands out from the standard configuration of the Honest. Other explanations about this

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1682177817717.jpg
    FB_IMG_1682177817717.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 1280px-Demonstration_cluster_bomb.jpg
    1280px-Demonstration_cluster_bomb.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 12-a-chemical-warhead-for-the-Honest-John-rocket-it-was-designed-to-break-apart-and.jpg
    12-a-chemical-warhead-for-the-Honest-John-rocket-it-was-designed-to-break-apart-and.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 48
Hi klem, after looking on the net, here is another annotated picture found on Twitter.

Attachments

• 177.jpg
    177.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 71