AI Mk. IV images

Maury Markowitz

From the Great White North!
Reaction score
I'm in the process of putting the final touches on an article on the AI Mk. IV. It is 10 pages long of very dense text, and I'm not even done yet!

So far I've found a total of three suitable images - one of a Beau where you can BARELY see the antennas, another of a Hurry used by the cat-eye groups, and Norman Groom's simulated image of a azimuth display.

I haven't a single image of the radar, people using it, anything at all like that.

NOTE NOTE NOTE: to be used on the Wiki, images have to either be taken by you (or someone you know) and specifically released under a permissive license, or be in some freely copyable form. The later covers some wartime images, but many are under the Crown, which bewilderingly will not release them freely. So "some image I had" cannot be used, I'll have to list the source in every case. Yes, it's a major PITA to make a bunch of future lawyers happy. :-(

Hmm, it seems I have to take one part of that back. According to the experts, I can use any image that:

is a photograph created by the United Kingdom Government and taken prior to 1 June 1957; or

So if you know of any images taken by the RAF or Air Ministry of the Mk. IV, it seems they're fair game!