A10 successor concept

Rodrigo Avella

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Hello!
I share images of my last project, a concept of a successor to the A10 Warthog (my favorite airplane since always).
This would be a vision of how I imagine that a modern A10 could look.
And I also share an attack variant of this same concept, with the modified wings and smaller rudders.
To view high resolution images, you can visit my Devianart or Behance profiles:
Http://rodrigoavella.deviantart.com/
Https://www.behance.net/rodrigoavella
Best regards, and I hope you like it!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    778.5 KB · Views: 663
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 650
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 599
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 566
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 524
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 237
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 259
That is superior work! Thank you for sharing.

Great idea and concept for an A-10 successor, Rodrigo! B)
Next version would be the "(O)A-14C", a successor to the YA-10B Night/Adverse Weather.
No 30mm gun, but a two-seater and two FLIRs like on the Textron AirLand Scorpion. :)
Also usable as a trainer for the A-14A.

Thanks for the feedback!!
Yes fightingirish, I know that there are several replacement proposals for the A10! My idea was to represent what an A10 of these times would look like, with a certain level of stealth. I think a 30mm gun should not be very stealthy, but I can not imagine a replacement of the A10 without that weapon (it would be like Darth Vader without its dark side, ;D). I have other ideas for a support plane, which would look more modern, but they would not look like a modern A10. They all look ugly to the Warthog, but for me it is a very beautiful design.
Thanks again for your comments!

Amazing Work Rodrigo,great idea for an A-10 replacement,thanks for sharing.

best regards

Pedro

Nice design but I have two thoughts:

1. Design the bay to hold 3 x BRU-61s side by side (12 SDBs).

2. Move the engine inlets back further, have vents to pull in more cool air after the engine, and have a wider, high-bypass engine.

SpudmanWP said:
Nice design but I have two thoughts:

1. Design the bay to hold 3 x BRU-61s side by side (12 SDBs).

2. Move the engine inlets back further, have vents to pull in more cool air after the engine, and have a wider, high-bypass engine.

I question the wisdom of incurring the cost of stealth when the aircraft is going to operating close enough to the action that people can take pot shots at the thing with rifles.

I would imagine it up at 5k at least and given it's mounting a Aim-9X, it seems to have an anti-air (likely helos and large UAVs) capability.

It don't think there is a large cost for stealth as it's mostly about shape using existing materials. Larger, high-bypass turbofans should drive the fuel costs down as well as using avionics from the F-35 (EOTS, EODAS, etc). Leave space for a smaller radar as some customers might want it as a F-5~ish replacement.

I like it, but would mix in some of this:

Making something like this:

(apologies for drawing quality but I still prefer paper :) No measuring, all guesswork.)

Exhaust details sketchy but something like externally blown flaps perhaps.

Attachments

• JoinedWing.jpg
    JoinedWing.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 144
  • A-10-Replacement.jpg
    A-10-Replacement.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 144