Register here

Author Topic: USAF/US NAVY 6th Generation Fighter Programs - F/A-XX, F-X, NGAD, PCA  (Read 666569 times)

Offline Flyaway

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: USAF/US NAVY 6th Generation Fighter Programs - F/A-XX, F-X, NGAD, PCA
« Reply #2445 on: November 22, 2017, 09:52:18 am »
USAF needs Reagan-level dollars for penetrating counterair platform

The US Air Force will need to replicate funding levels not seen since President Ronald Reagan's military spending build-up in the early 1980s in order to make its next-generation air dominance (NGAD) concept a reality, the head of Air Combat Command says this week.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/usaf-needs-reagan-level-dollars-for-penetrating-cou-443531/

Offline bring_it_on

• I really should change my personal text
« Reply #2446 on: January 13, 2018, 09:32:21 am »
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:23:33 pm by flateric »
Old radar types never die; they just phased array - Unknown

Offline Sundog

« Reply #2447 on: January 14, 2018, 09:38:13 am »
Thanks, I always liked that Boeing Phantom Works design, it's nice to finally see the planform, as opposed to the usual isometric image they have shown repeatedly.

Offline galgot

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #2448 on: January 14, 2018, 01:38:28 pm »
Funny, it's a classic swept wing come back. Almost a F-100 Super Sabre wing in plan view.
Ok , just a concept anyway I suppose...

Offline Airplane

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #2449 on: January 14, 2018, 05:33:10 pm »
Funny, it's a classic swept wing come back. Almost a F-100 Super Sabre wing in plan view.

I'm sure that's exactly what that is and not just generic artwork to fill a page. :-\ I'm sure swept wings will do wonders for landing speed and short field performance, especially given that there are no thrust reversers shown.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:36:05 pm by Airplane »
"The test of success is not what you do when your on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
General George S. Patton

Offline kcran567

« Reply #2450 on: January 14, 2018, 08:07:01 pm »
To me looks like the original ATF from Lockheed, but with intakes on dorsal. Not impressed, I don't like it (the Boeing 6th Gen). Just my $.02 cents.

Offline bobbymike

« Reply #2451 on: January 14, 2018, 08:49:20 pm »

I'm sure that's exactly what that is and not just generic artwork to fill a page. :-\ I'm sure swept wings will do wonders for landing speed and short field performance, especially given that there are no thrust reversers shown.
Still think Lockheed Skunkworks has the best concept art so far. Just says "Penetrating Counter Air" to me.
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

Charles W. Eliot