Register here

Author Topic: A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF SINGE-STAGE-TO-ORBIT ROCKET AND AIR-BREATHING VEHICLES  (Read 2964 times)

Offline XP67_Moonbat

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:11:50 pm by XP67_Moonbat »
In God we trust, all others we monitor. :-p

Offline Nik

• CLEARANCE: Secret
Interesting. Looks as if Reaction Engines' approach may not be the only economic way to orbit...

Offline blackstar

I think you mean "stage" not "state"

Offline Orionblamblam

• Secret Projects Guru
  • Top Contributor
    • Aerospace Projects Review
Interesting. Looks as if Reaction Engines' approach may not be the only economic way to orbit...

Considering that their approach (massively complex and as-yet unproven engines mounted to high-fineness-ratio eggshells) is about as *un*economic as you could get... I sure as hell *hope* that someone else comes up with something...
Aerospace Projects Review

And so the endless circle of life comes to an end, meaningless and grim. Why did they live, and why did they die? No reason. Two hundred million years of evolution snuffed out, for in the end Nature is horrific and teaches us nothing

Offline Simon666

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
You might think at least the guy would get his thesis title right but come on, Singe-State-To-Orbit?  ::) I also thought the original poster misspelled, until I downloaded it.

Offline Orionblamblam

• Secret Projects Guru
  • Top Contributor
    • Aerospace Projects Review
but come on, Singe-State-To-Orbit? 

Yeah, what's wrong with that?

You don't want an orbital Singh State?
Aerospace Projects Review

And so the endless circle of life comes to an end, meaningless and grim. Why did they live, and why did they die? No reason. Two hundred million years of evolution snuffed out, for in the end Nature is horrific and teaches us nothing

Offline OM

• OMBlog
...ISTR "singe" is also a racial slur for native Africans that originated from one of the Rhodesian dialects. It's based on "singed" or "burnt".