A serious discussion about the DPRK's Missile and Nuclear Ambitions - Mk.II

Rickshaw

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
According to this report, the DPRK appears to have accessed ex-Soviet rocket engine technology. Either they have a limited number of engines or they are attempting to produce their own version of it. From the evidence, they are not being terribly successful...

Kadija_Man said:
According to this report, the DPRK appears to have accessed ex-Soviet rocket engine technology. Either they have a limited number of engines or they are attempting to produce their own version of it. From the evidence, they are not being terribly successful...

You should familiarize yourself with the early days of rocket development in the US. It wasn't pretty. But with enough persistence (and NK has tons of it) they'll get there. I predict we'll see an ICBM range NK test by this time next year.

sferrin said:
Kadija_Man said:

You should familiarize yourself with the early days of rocket development in the US. It wasn't pretty. But with enough persistence (and NK has tons of it) they'll get there. I predict we'll see an ICBM range NK test by this time next year.

That is only a third of their problem and the easiest to attain. They have to make it reliable enough to make worth fielding and it needs a reliable enough RV to enable it to hit it's target. I am still sticking to my prediction of five years before we see sufficient numbers for them to even dare to think of threatening the US, let alone any other nation.