Various Japanese projects of the 1920s and 1930s

I sent them a little note about that. ;D

Cheers,

Ed

robunos said:
Somebody's been naughty...
That's the same image as the one on page 46 of 'Japanese Secret Projects'...

cheers,
Robin.

Hi I'm curious of they're pics of the interior of the Nakajima G8N Rita, many pics are existing of this beautiful bomber from outside
but i see no pics of the interior.

Attachments

• g8n1_01.jpg
    g8n1_01.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 707
  • renzan7.jpg
    renzan7.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 647
  • renzan8.jpg
    renzan8.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 581
Hi blackkite san still nice info anyway! thank you for these nice pics especially the one about the Ginga! another beautiful Japanese aircraft!
best regards
T-50

Skyraider3D said:
The original drawings for this project do not show any air intakes, so it was decided not to "invent" them. Of course, in reality, it would've have had them... somewhere. Perhaps on the starboard side? ;)

Re. this and the Kugisho high-speed fighter, is it possible that the air intakes were intended to be in the leading edge of the wings? There was a fair bit of work done on liquid cooled engines that wouldn't need large air intakes, IIRC. Also, I think there was at least one fighter design that had cooling inlets in the trailing edge.

Great thread
Great and often overlooked topic!

Please keep up the great work gents ;)

Regards
Pioneer

Hi! The IJA and the IJN did not plan strategic bombing without Fugaku.

The first one
Range:3,000km-4,000km, Bomb:1,000kg-1,500kg, Maximum speed:660km/h-685km/h, Wing span:26.35m-28.2m, Overall length:19.8m-20.685m, Gross weight:19.34ton-21.985ton
The second one
Range:3,000km, Bomb:1,000kg, Maximum speed:680km/h, Wing span:27.1m, Overall length:20.56m, Gross weight:19.785ton

blackkite said:
Hi! The IJA and the IJN did not plan strategic bombing without Fugaku.

Thanks again blackkite. I was just wondering if some in the IJA were trying to get at least a interim strategic bombing capability on the cheap.

Japan had no use for an interim strategic bomber. There were no strategic targets within the range of a B-17, B-24, or Lancaster class of bomber. Such industrial targets within the range of such a bomber operating from 1941 Japan were not their enemy's industrial heartland. In fact, Japan would prefer to capture such targets intact.

As a favor... allow me to request that all of you who contribute so wonderfully to this topic think of quoting the manufacturers' names for each design you provide (especially for minor projects and unbuilt types).

That will save a lot of time and help the archiving of the images on our hard disks! (and also help anyone searching via Google or other search engines to get more quickly to the info they're after...).

Thanks a lot in advance for remembering to do that! ;)

Many thanks for excellent and valuable drawings for Z-plane.
Sorry I realize that I already got this book and forgot. I paid 80 dollars for second hand book. Crazy high price because this book is stop publication now. We need it's English version,too.

ILLUSTRATED WARPLANE HISTORY, THE XPLANES of IMPERIAL JAPANESE ARMY & NAVY 1924-1945, illustration & Text Shigeru Nohara, Green Arrow Publication, Tokyo, 1999/9/20, ISBN-7663-3292-XC0076 ¥3200E

①20mm machine cannon,②night bombing sight, ③17-shi bombing sight, ④20mm machine cannon (left and right), ⑤front tire, ⑥steps to lower cabin, ⑦co-pilot, ⑧navigator, ⑨loop antenna, ⑩radio operator, ⑪20mm machine cannon, ⑫fuel tanks, ⑬No 80 bombs(800kg) for land bombing, ⑭main wing, ⑮20mm machine cannon, ⑯20mm machine cannon, ⑰20mm machine cannon(left and light), ⑱rest chairs, ⑲20mm machine cannon, ⑳main landing gear, 〇21 pilot seat, 〇22 co-pilot seat, 〇23 navigation equipments, 〇24 captain seat, 〇25 navigator seat, 〇26 flight engineer's control panel 〇27 communication equipments, 〇28 flight engineer seat, 〇29 radio operator seat.

These drawings are for Z-plane (Chikuhei Nakajima's private venture) based on the original Nakajima's drawings. Fugaku was a modified Z-plane(national project). Fugaku was a rather small Z-plane with pressurized cabin, turbo charged engines, remote controlled turrets and drop main tires(2 main tires were dropped after take off).

Attachments

• front cover.jpg
    front cover.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 88
  • back cover.jpg
    back cover.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 113
Beside the Kawanishi N1K is another incomplete aircraft, anyone got a guess???

Source: Japanese Military Aircraft Illustrated, Page 183.

Attachments

• unknown_13.jpg
    unknown_13.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 383
To hazard a guess, I'd say a Showa L2D.

Winston said:
Beside the Kawanishi N1K is another incomplete aircraft, anyone got a guess???

Source: Japanese Military Aircraft Illustrated, Page 183.

My bad. I thought the plane he was referring to was the main one in the photo (which was a N1K2-J) not the little bit of plane showing in the corner of the pic. ::)

Hi! It's only mistake. ;D
Kouki 2600 was 1940. Kouki 2604 was 1944.

Gentlemen,

May I remind you that this department mainly goes about unbuilt projects...

Thanks for your understanding..

I apologize, I should put my concern in another area of the forum.
I noticed the reference to the encyclopedia and make the question.
I will never again repeat.

Hi! Pictures from same source.
Please enjoy the front cover of the book. There are some interesting aircraft drawings.

1.Kawanishi Kyofu(強風) top speed increase model
2.Two seats NakajimaTenrai(天雷)
3.Single seat Kugisho Suisei(彗星)43 with RATO for special attack mission
4.Nakajima 11 shi dive bomber
5.Kugisho Ginga(銀河) with torpedo
6.Aichi Seiran-kai(晴嵐改)
7.Nakajima Saiun-kai(彩雲改)
8.Aichi Ryusei-kai(流星改)

Attachments

• KUGISHO GAKKENN.jpg
    KUGISHO GAKKENN.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 132
  • Gekko23 with night radar(Ku 2 go 20 type).jpg
    Gekko23 with night radar(Ku 2 go 20 type).jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Suisei D4Y4.jpg
    Suisei D4Y4.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 242
  • two seat2 Tenrai J5N1.jpg
    two seat2 Tenrai J5N1.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 226
  • Kugisho.jpg
    Kugisho.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 593
  • Oppama air port and Kugisho building.jpg
    Oppama air port and Kugisho building.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 617
I've been searching for pics of Oppama Field! Thank you Blackkite!

These are the one's I've found.

Attachments

• Yokosuka_3 Naval Arsenal Oppama Airfield.jpg
    Yokosuka_3 Naval Arsenal Oppama Airfield.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 99
  • yokosuka_2.jpg
    yokosuka_2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Yokosuka_1.jpg
    Yokosuka_1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 86
  • J5N-8.jpg
    J5N-8.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 522
  • J5N-7.jpg
    J5N-7.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 534
  • J5N-5.jpg
    J5N-5.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 542
  • J5N-4s.jpg
    J5N-4s.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 593
  • G4M-J1N-67s.jpg
    G4M-J1N-67s.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 598
Hi! Denko drawings.
Source :Japanese Air world magazine J&P No.2 Hunter and Denko.(August 1986)

Attachments

• Denko plan view.jpg
    Denko plan view.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Denko front and side view.jpg
    Denko front and side view.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 142
  • denko aft cannons.jpg
    denko aft cannons.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 139
  • denko front cannons.jpg
    denko front cannons.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Denko turbo.jpg
    Denko turbo.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 109
  • denko wing.jpg
    denko wing.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 135
  • denko fuselage.jpg
    denko fuselage.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 127
Great documents!! Truly one of the most beautiful Japanese designs of World War II. Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

• Nose Ovsevation-seat to Flight-control panel back side.jpg
    Nose Ovsevation-seat to Flight-control panel back side.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 715
  • Astronomical observation window.jpg
    Astronomical observation window.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 657
  • Ovsevater-seat Right control-panel.jpg
    Ovsevater-seat Right control-panel.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 596
  • pilot seat 1.jpg
    pilot seat 1.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 562
  • pilot seat 2.jpg
    pilot seat 2.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 430
  • pilot seat left side.jpg
    pilot seat left side.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 41
Hi All,

Check out my blog http://e-samoloty.blogspot.com/. There are some information about several Japanese projects (currently unfortunately only in Polish). Also, in the form of e-books (in PDF, EPUB and MOBI formats).

Regards,

LAW

Thanks Blackttite for the pictures. OFF TOPIC Very interesting the sub Koryu.

I understand the plane was developed for the navy, so the name HIRO. Is this right?

Alcides said:
Do you have a 3d view of 88-shiki and 94-shiki. I can't find nothing online. Well one of 88-shiki but not very good.

"88-Shiki" is the same as the "Kawasaki KDA-2", the "Type 88 Experimental Reconnaissance Aircraft" and the "Type 88 Experimental Light Bomber".

"94-Shiki" is the same as the "Nakajima Ki-4" or "Type 94 Reconnaissance Aircraft".

Perhaps this will make your search easier?

Stargazer2006 said:
Alcides said:
Do you have a 3d view of 88-shiki and 94-shiki. I can't find nothing on line. Well one of 88-shiki but not very good.

"88-Shiki" is the same as the "Kawasaki KDA-2", the "Type 88 Experimental Reconnaissance Aircraft" and the "Type 88 Experimental Light Bomber".

"94-Shiki" is the same as the "Nakajima Ki-4" or "Type 94 Reconnaissance Aircraft".

Perhaps this will make your search easier?

Thanks Stargazer2006. When I tried 88-shiki and I found nothing I tried Japanese aircraft 88 and the KDA-2 denomination pop's up. But I can't found any good 3d view. More difficult the Type 94, just some pictures. I'll try again with the other options you give me.

My dear Stargazer,

I asked to know if this aircraft was mentioned in Japanese magazines or something like
that,that's all.

http://pico32.web.fc2.com/rikugun/coauthor/kibango-kai.htm

Ki-90 (tentative name). German-Japanese joint program for Ju-90 renovated bomber.
Only plan.

Wow, thanks B, they look great, as fine Nippon analogues of the D-B re-powered Italian jobs..

Any info on projected performance parameters?

Back
Top Bottom